Revision THR Another Second Chance

Day 17.
Wife and son will be leaving this morning to fly to Los Angeles. His club basketball team has a tournament this weekend. That will leave me with my 12 y/o daughter for a few days! Plenty of time to get the house ready for a nice Mother’s Day return. They arrive late, so Mother’s Day dinner will be on Monday!

Sleeping is getting better. Have tried to roll over on the new hip side a few times. Can tolerate about 5 minutes so far. Just a deep, uncomfortable achy feeling. Otherwise, back and non-op side are golden! I’ve discovered an extra large pillow between my legs lengthwise works great! On my back, the pillow lengthwise under just the hip leg works for me.
It takes some experimentation to find what works best.

Sounds like there will be some daughter - daddy bonding time over the weekend. It's a good thing!

Pillows, pillows and more pillows. I still use 4 every night. One I can't live without....a $10 body pillow from Target. When I sleep on my op side, which is nightly, it's great to have to place my non op leg on, with knee bent. It's the way I fall asleep most nights. It's funny how pillows become a big part of our life as we age and after surgery. I recall as a young person I could have slept pillowless on any flat surface.
Long gone are those days! :bawl:

Happy Friday, try not to burn down the house while the boss is away. :heehee:
@inthebeginning

@Layla

My daughter’s school Choir is singing the National Anthem at the Colorado Rockies baseball game tomorrow evening! That means a few extra steps on the new hip. I’ll lay low during the day as much as I can.
As far as burning down the house, not likely :)
I spent a lot of time in restaurant kitchens in previous lives. My skills in the kitchen were part of the courting process when I first met her!

As far as burning down the house, not likely

Don't jinx yourself, lol.

How fun that your daughter's school choir is singing the National Anthem at the Colorado Rockies game.
Yes, it will be some extra steps and you're wise to take it easy before navigating the stadium.
Say safe and Enjoy!

My son's baseball team gets to go on the field before the Tiger's game on June 8th and I am already nervous about being ready to handle that physically. I assume by that time, you will be competing in Iron Mans!

My son's baseball team gets to go on the field before the Tiger's game on June 8th and I am already nervous about being ready to handle that physically. I assume by that time, you will be competing in Iron Mans!
I don’t know...the Tigers may call me up that week. I could be the starting pitcher :loll:

Another sign that things are getting better. The simple act of putting on shoes.

For the few months leading up to the revision, I had my sneakers tied just tight enough to slip on with a finger pulling by the heel. When I pulled the hip side shoe on, it wasn’t too bad bringing the foot up to the opposite knee. When I put the foot back on the ground....WOW! I had to wait, in pain, for that loose stem to slide back into proper weight-bearing position. Sometimes up to 10-15 seconds!

No more!

I will be so happy when I can put on my own socks and tie my shoes. I have Skechers now that have elastic laces permanently tied. I'd love to wear something a little different, just occasionally!

Take your walker to the stadium, people really look out for you and it will keep you safe from obnoxious people that are blind to their surroundings and the people in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easier to whap people with a cane when they get too close....:rotfl:. Walkers don't do the job well.

How exciting about your daughter singing at the Rockies game. You'll have to let us know how your hip does on it's big outing.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back