Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

@Debbie_joints , my doctor doesn’t do extensive therapy until the 12 week point, but I’m fine with that. That will be when I can start strengthening exercises, unfortunately my therapy has been delayed some because of the incision opening up and having to pack it. But it’s finally healed so I can start back to regular therapy. Glad you didn’t get Covid and the rest of the family is doing well. Take care and stay safe.

Debbie, sorry for the delay. Life is getting back to it’s normal hectic self. Back from a week of “glamping” and now getting busy organizing for a trip to Greece in a couple of weeks. One couple we will be travelling with are arriving from Kentucky next Sat to spend a few days together before we leave.
So glad to hear that you did not get Covid, you sure didn’t need that. How was your appointment with the surgeon? How are things going?
I am doing good, gave my hubby and son a haircut and had no problem with that. I still need to do better on the exercise routine. So easy to fall off that wagon. Take care, looking forward to a report on how you are doing.

@Patee I am doing well. Tell me about this "glamping". We have a 39 foot motor home. In fact my husband is leaving tomorrow and going up north (WI) and meeting out daughter, grandson, his sister and her husband to go trail riding with side by side RZR's. That is a bit too bumpy for me yet. So I am staying home hand have several appointments this week. Can you reach behind your back yet? My therapist hasn't started any exercise for that. I will be 8 weeks out this week. Wondering how long Medicare and my supplement will pay for therapy.
Have a wone
derful time in Greece.

Glad to hear your are doing well. I can almost reach behind my back, not quite there yet. I can pull it there with no pain so figure it should come.
With a 39’ motor home you are glamping. LOL We are about the same at 40’. The kids tell us we are not camping because campers don’t have dishwashers. LOL We did use our side by side when we were camping. I wondered if I would have a problem but it was not an issue. Of course I am 6-8 weeks ahead of you. Something to look forward to.
Take care and keep me updated on how you are doing.

Just got home from my three month check up. I was a little worried because last Saturday I was doing my at home therapy and my therapist wanted me to increase the weight to two pounds for the sets where I am trying to raise my hands all the way up above my head. Have been struggling with that particular exercise. I use three to five pound weights for other exercises. Anyway when I raised my arm way up I felt pop and there was pain, and swearing and even a few tears. Tears mostly because I thought I screwed something up. I iced it and rested it and noticed even my neck hurt and in front of the armpit.
This morning I saw my therapist and she just did some passive moves and she thought everything was ok, but she kne I was seeing my surgeon this afternoon. So she just told me to just do the stretching exercises for now. I wasn't suppose to have xrays, but doc ordered three of them just to make sure. Replacement is fine and he said it could have been a small muscle tear or scar tissue tear. Either way, it will be fine. So don't have to go back until my one year anniversary.
Hope you all are doing well.

Just got home from my three month check up. I was a little worried because last Saturday I was doing my at home therapy and my therapist wanted me to increase the weight to two pounds for the sets where I am trying to raise my hands all the way up above my head. Have been struggling with that particular exercise. I use three to five pound weights for other exercises. Anyway when I raised my arm way up I felt pop and there was pain, and swearing and even a few tears. Tears mostly because I thought I screwed something up. I iced it and rested it and noticed even my neck hurt and in front of the armpit.
This morning I saw my therapist and she just did some passive moves and she thought everything was ok, but she kne I was seeing my surgeon this afternoon. So she just told me to just do the stretching exercises for now. I wasn't suppose to have xrays, but doc ordered three of them just to make sure. Replacement is fine and he said it could have been a small muscle tear or scar tissue tear. Either way, it will be fine. So don't have to go back until my one year anniversary.
Hope you all are doing well.

Hi Debbie I’m glad you didn’t do any damage to your shoulder stay strong I’m 8 weeks post op trying to get on top of my exercises for my PT I still have some pain but you do know when small improvements happen every couple of days that gives you encouragement take care

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LeonGirl