MUA Annual update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coppernob

graduate
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

It's so long since I last posted that I thought it was time for an update. It's now just over 2 years since my last procedure (MUA). Things are still going well and I can do more or less everything that I want to. The thing I regret most is that I can't easily get down on the floor and up again to play with Leila (new pic of her attached), but she doesn't seem to mind having a very inelegant Granny.

The partial replacement in my right knee is deteriorating and I know that eventually it will have to be changed to a PKR, but my surgeon says it's up to me to tell him when I want it doing. Given my past history I'm in no hurry!

A very happy, peaceful and blessed Christmas to all Bone Smarties. Linda x

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 137
Coppernob, thanks for uypdating us - you have quite a history there. Best seasonal wishes and look forward to hearing more from you in future.

Well, hello there! Good to know you are doing so well. Sad to hear your partial isn't! Have a lovely Christmas with your beautiful little granddaughter!

Linda,
You have really been thru the ringer and yet you keep such a positive outlook. That is impressive.

I have to ask though......Do you feel now, the PKRs were the way to go then, or was it because of the influence of the OS at the time. Would you have done it any differently now and what would you reccommend to those contemplating a PKR?

Your little granddaughter has sure grown! I remember when she was born. She's a beautiful little girl. Good to hear from you. :xmasmore:

That's a hard one to answer, Bill, as hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As only the medial side of both my knees was affected, PKRs were what my surgeon suggested. I hadn't discovered BoneSmart then, and had no one else with any knowledge to advise me so it sounded like a good option.
If I'd known then what I know now I may well have pushed for TKRs from the outset. Having said that, I had (and have) every confidence in my surgeon and I know that, at the time, he was doing what he thought best. It was several procedures later that he said to me, " I don't think those partial replacements suited you!"

I'd say the most important thing is to find a good surgeon whom you trust, and to talk all the options through with them before making a joint decision (no pun intended!) Linda x

Well, they have lasted you for 6½ years, Linda. They really haven't done that bad.

I agree, Jo, the right one's doing ok. It was the left one that caused all the problems. If I'd had a TKR straight away perhaps I wouldn't have needed a revision and then the infection wouldn't have set in etc etc. But who knows, that may have happened anyway. As it is, I'm here to tell the tale and I'm virtually pain free so it was all worth it. Linda x

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member