TKR Annie's recovery thread

I had aches and twinges in other parts of my body just from the shift in muscles and difference in gait. You won't want heat anywhere near your new knee, but I got some relief by putting a cold pack or a heating pad on my other sore places, depending on what the issue was.

A nap is always an excellent plan during recovery!

I’ve been icing my hips and back and then used a hot water bottle through the night which helped!

Here’s my four week update. Still struggling to sleep for more than two hours at a time as I wake up so stiff and achey on my operated leg. So I get up have a potter around and stretch. Off for a sports massage today to see if that helps.

Overall I am much less stiff when walking but this recovery does indeed take its time. I’m definitely running a bit slower than normal. I have managed to read one book in four weeks. I’m so relieved I am not back to work yet as think I would fail to cope with my workload.

It’s A level results this week on Thursday so trying to keep a calm week with two teens awaiting results :bolt:Wishing you all a positive and comfortable day.

It’s my sixth month anniversary so I thought I would check in. My LTKR is doing well overall and ROM has slowly improved and I am getting back to the gym. My opposite outer hip is giving me loads of pain now so having a scan tomorrow to see what’s going on. Occasionally I forget that I’ve had knee surgery which is great. I do feel really tired after hectic days at work and my legs feel heavier at the end of each day. I went back To work at eleven weeks which was hard. I wish I had found this forum before my knee replacement as in hindsight I was woefully unprepared and naive. The pain post op was a huge shock! Thanks to all on the forum for sharing their recoveries and helping me to realise that things would get better in time.

The good thing about the pain is it's going to get better unlike arthritis pain. It just gets worse.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom