Ankle Ankle

napper

Country
United States United States
While waiting for my right knee revision for the 3rd time, I fell and broke my left ankle. I went a week with it swollen before going to my foot surgeon. I figured he'd say it was sprained. Nope, broken fibula. Been in a boot for three weeks. He said if I had tripped going DOWN the stairs, instead of UP,
I'd be having a surgery to fix it. So, broken left ankle, TKR on the right, waiting to have it revised in July, but now, there is a sharp, stabbing pain behind my left kneecap, that literally brings me to tears... Maybe it's just overworking the left knee?
Wondering if any of you have this happen.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
@napper,
Sorry to hear about your fall and ankle fracture.
Please post the date you fractured your ankle, a moderator will add it to your signature for you. Having the exact date will help us properly advise you. Thanks!
I suspect the boot changes the way you walk putting stress on your left knee and knee cap. When your ankle has healed this new pain should resolve.
Suggest you call your OS and let them know about this new right knee pain.
Do you have a Evenup for your right shoe?

Last edited:
Chris, I'm sure you're right. I'm SO off balance. I totally walk funny, my back hurts so bad, and now my knee. I don't have a lift in my shoe because I'm in the house most of the day. And I walk barefoot. What I need to do is sit still for longer periods. It just seems like I get one thing fixed and that triggers another problem. It's never ending.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it

@napper......so sorry to hear of your latest boo-boo. I am thankful you don't need surgery, though. Sometimes it can be a problem for us to allow ourselves the down time we need. I hope you'll find a way to slow down until you can get your knee repaired. That should put you on a good path again. Hang in there!!

My left ankle broke on April 1, 2020
Didn't even think to put it in my signature. Too many pieces being damaged.

I met with the foot surgeon to make sure it's healing as planned. If not, surgery.
My knuckle is also causing pain. Giving it a week to see how it starts feelin.

I feel for you napper. While planning a a left TAR, my Right knee- which was just managing from injection to injection just went kaput. So I had to put off planned TAR to december and had a knee replacement first. (this past june). Well mr. left knee certainly has been complaining!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom