PKR And Now for the Left One

barrj46

Country
Australia Australia
Great report Rick. You appear to be doing very well and I'm envious. I'm now 3 weeks and one day post op and only today managed to get past 90 degrees for the first time. Can you explain what sort of exercises your therapy has involved, as I'd be keen to follow suit.

WhenImOld

Country
United States United States
Great job Rick! I also found that the sports car is easier to get in and out of, as well as drive, than the SUV. :loveshwr:

OP
OP
Rick951

Rick951

Country
United States United States
@barrj46 Nothing special as far as exercises go. I just took my time. I did a lot of Icing and sleeping the first few days home. I did not do anything my knee was not ready for. I think the amount of icing and elevating the first couple of days made the biggest difference!
My first PT was 5 days after surgery. I was +14 and 70 ROM. Not very impressive. I did not let the PT push for more. I spent most of my time with my leg elevated and connected to the Game Ready Machine. Between the heat (Ice coolers on the back deck) and my use I went through over 200 Lbs. of Ice the first week. When I was not connected to the Ice machine. I was walking around the house, refilling Ice, Ect. Yes, I did some heal slides, leg lifts, and assorted other things. But never in sets of "x". If my knee started to get tired, I stopped or did something else. I kept moving, but never to any level of pain.

As I stated with my first knee, I worked it do death trying to rehab. All that did was make it mad!!!! It swelled and recovery took a while.

Also, this knee was not as bad going into surgery as the first. I think that helped a lot also!

I am 31 days out. I just had my last PT I was +2/ 133 ROM. I have a follow up with the PA on Monday. I suspect I will be cleared to go back to work. I will be able to elevate my knee and Ice from time to time at work.
Hope that helps!
Rick

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
jakess61
Recent bookmarks