Almost ready for the big day on March 6th!

GramNina

Country
United States United States
Wow, the time has really flown by. 2 days until my new left knee and then the "fun" begins. Can't say I'm not nervous about TKR surgery and the challenges ahead. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis that caused some of the joint damage and fused my spine, so anesthesia is going to be a bit tricky.
Any last minute tips or hints are welcome...i tend to over-prepare and plan. ☺

I'm right behind you on the 7th. From reading the post everyone says stay ahead of the pain and ice ice.
Hope your surgery goes well and recovery. I'm nervous with you

Thank you, Julie! I wish you well on the 7th. What you said is so true about staying ahead of the pain and ice, ice, ice! My surgeon ordered an ice compression machine for me to use when I get home and I've made up DIY ice packs the PT recommended. Take care!

You sound like me. I have been preparing for weeks even down to frozen meals etc. I think we will.both do well. Will check on you and see how things are going.

My tip? Get used to being taken care of, babying your knee, being waited on hand and foot, and talking to us here on the forum.

@GramNina
Best wishes for your op today.

I had mine done last Friday and am currently elevating and icing while I write this.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom