TKR All Over - Now the hard work starts

Well pushed for my physio and will start from next week, weekly gym sessions which will help.

My bend is still about 95 so not much improvement. Finding my scar hurts due to the tightness.

Sleeping is ok but I always wake up and find it hard to go back to sleep. My knee aches a bit but believe again due to scar and the rubbing on bedding.

Physio said to massage which will help with the numbness. Such an odd feeling and I'm too gentle on it.

Also even though I'm using my elbow crutch my back really aches. Feeling mostly on the left side and left leg. I'm going back to my pre- op stance where I am using my left leg more hence the aches and pains.

Need to really work on strength and the walking can follow as even short walks causes alot of pain.

Hi haven't seen you post in a while - how is week 7 Hopefully you are feeling back to normal.
I'm still having to juggle rest /elevating around my day to day activities trouble is I want to do to much but my knee certainly let's me know when it's had enough then I pay the price that night or following day...
Its nice to have ones independence back but I know it's going to be a while before can truthfully say I'm fully healed.
Got my next appointment with surgeon on the 4th.
Looking forward to hearing your journey so far hope it too is a positive one xx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks