All day trip at 2 months out?

tollertwins

Country
United States United States
I have zero memory of what the last time was like...

Would an all day trip @ 2 months be too much? There is a musical in the city I’d like 2 see. 2 hrs to get there, time to grab something to eat, couple hours for the performance, and the trip back.

Too much?

Very hard to say if this will be too much. Post my LTHR it would have been for me. But post my RTHR I am sure I could have handled this trip. What approach will you be having?

Sitting for any length of time post posterior approach is tough. My colleague @Mojo333 had bilateral anterior. I've tagged her to comment on your plans.

Or a slightly different spin...I would have NOT been able to do this after an laparoscopic hysterectomy I had a few years ago (that one I about killed the husband for “aren’t you better YET?”’).

Anybody know if hips (assuming no complications) tend to be better or worse?

The old everyone is different rule applies. I was just thinking, at 5 weeks I had to take a trip. It was over 2 hrs driving, I stopped a couple of times. I didn't attend a show, just a visit and then the trip back home. It wore me out but it was doable.

I'm sure you Can do it...but don't know how much "fun" that would be.
I definitely think you would need to add in time to stop and move about...
And alot might depend on the car.
Riding four more than half hour was fairly uncomfortable for me even at 3 months out.
My father has a nice truck which while riding was way more comfortable, but getting in and out was a bit tricky!

I had my first hip done in July 2018 and the second 24th Nov 2018. Because of the second op I couldn't go to exchange Christmas gifts with my family in December so we went 2 weeks ago, 8 weeks after the op.

It's a 4.5 hour drive. Hubby did the driving and we had one pit stop for a toilet break and drink. I managed much better than I expected. The biggest problem was the height of the toilet at the services, as I have been used to a toilet seat riser. On the way back I used the disabled toilet and found it much easier.

I had a 3 hour drive 3 days post-op after my 1st hip surgery and guess I survived it. I just think the combination of the whole day might be a bit much. Theatre seats are nasty to sit in, plus sitting in the car on top of questionable seats in restaurants.
I had a full panty line incision for my hysterectomy. Seatbelts were very uncomfortable after that and I did lay very low for a couple of weeks but it was a walk in the park compared to my hip surgery. :nah:

@tollertwins

I agree that each person is different and actually the same surgery on the same person can be quite different. I mean if you have one side done last year and other side done this year, recovery can be totally different. If you do decide to go, I would definitely plan on being able to make a stop or two during that 2 hr ride. I can’t relate any experience I had like this. The closest I had was a trip to dr that was one hr each way and that was just fine for me. You will probably have a better idea after your surgery once you see how you are feeling and recovering. Tough decision if you need to get tickets way ahead of time.

Sounds like not a good idea, considering I’d have to buy tickets ahead of time.

Doing all that and then not enjoying the performance would be a drag....and I totally didn’t think about theater seats!

PS...these help riding in cars if you have pain from having your hips folded. Have been having to use then in cars for years. There is enough of a wedge to make a bucket seat flat instead of tilted backwards.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom