THR AJinNH’s recovery RTHR

Hi @AJinNH Its nice to hear from you.

Sadly it seems many of us will walk this road. I'm quite sure it's in my future also.
I do understand hoping for more time to heal from your first surgery and I'm sure you'll have it.
Since you know your left hip is arthritic I'll bet the extra activity brought on the pain.
Let us know what your PCP says on Monday.
Wishing you comfort.

Thanks Layla. I’m still hoping that it’s just a case of overdoing it. I walked close to seven miles on Monday. The good news is that my op hip is great, no knee pain, and this old gal was strutting along pretty well, until I wasn’t.

I’ll keep you posted as to what my pcp thinks.

:wave:Glad to hear number one is number one!
Sorry about number two nagging you.
Does seem to be common story...
Hope today is a Good Day:SUNsmile:

Hi @InkedMarie I do live in NH, are you in the area? Oops, just saw that you’re in Gilford. I’m in the Exeter area.

Hi @InkedMarie I do live in NH, are you in the area? Oops, just saw that you’re in Gilford. I’m in the Exeter area.
I lived in Exeter when I moved to NH, on Thelma Drive (near the old Exeter High). I had my kids at Exeter Hospital & my sister is employed by the infertility clinic, part of the hospital.

Hi neighbor LOL!

@AJinNH
Just checking in and wanted to know if your old hip had settled down some.
I've read you're a walking machine!
Hoping all is well

Hi AJ.....admit it, you got jealous of BeBe and me lining up for the second go-around and thought you'd join in :wink: Seriously, sorry the other one's flared up now, hope the pain isn't too bad. I was half expecting that leftie would need doing, and I asked my surgeon at the 12 week checkup if I could have it xrayed to see if it had got worse so I could base a decision. He looked at the xrays taken after the first op (they did both hips apparently) and said he would do it anytime I wanted as it was already 'bad' enough. Trouble is I've never had that agonising pain, or something that cripples me for days, so I'm still questioning the decision. Even now, 4 weeks before leftie's Big Day the only real problem I have is that most nights it wakes me up and I have to turn over, but it's fairly low key. However, I do know that it needs doing, and there's no point stringing it out until the first one is perfect and then doing it, it just prolongs that period of not being quite right. I thought about having it done a bit earlier to run the recovery periods together, but life gets in the way sometimes! Anyway, I hope you can get yours sorted one way or another before it becomes too big a problem.....consolation is that this is the last hip :yes!::thumb:

Hi @AJinNH
I hope you're doing well and having a good week.
Things are hot and steamy in my neck of the woods.
I'm ready for Fall and I'll bet the weather and foliage is beautiful in your area then.
Love the beauty of the season. I'm excited!
Hopefully your other hip isn't bothering you too much. Fingers crossed :fingersx:
Enjoy the rest of Summer!

:wave: 5 months almost.
Glad you are back to life!:)

Hello hippie friends! I recently passed the 6 month mark and all is well, great actually. I’ve been busy with trips back and forth between NH and IL. I do a lot of walking when in IL, and that had been helpful, the grandkids keep me busy. My left hip has been quiet thankfully. I’ve learned that it’s good as long as I don’t overdo it. So for example, working out on the elliptical, then going out for a mile walk is a no-no. But I’ve been able to get in 15K steps in a day without a repeat of the left-hip-itis. My op hip is fabulous, I sometimes forget about the surgery.
I’ve been on a lot of antibiotics lately, I hate the antibiotics before dental procedures rule, but have been abiding. I have a cracked tooth in one of my molars and will have it extracted on Monday, then have it prepared for an implant in a few months. My second ‘replacement’ :heehee:
Another original part lost. It had been infected, I had a root canal on it about 5 years ago, but suspect it’s always been cracked because it was never quite right, so I’m glad to have it out. I was concerned about the infection going to my right hip, but all is good.
I hope everyone is doing well, I plan to pop by more often, I miss catching up with all of you. :wave:

:wave:great update :yes!:and glad your other hip is not acting up!
The surgery is amazing and I'm so happy you popped by to update.
Hope your weekend is wonderful!:SUNsmile:

Hey stranger :hi:
Wonderful update! It's so nice to hear from you. Surprised it's 6 months already.
It's good you learned your limitations to keep pain at bay with you left hip. Thankfully it's not holding you back as it seems you're fully engaging. Sorry about the tooth issue. I'll bet that's been a drag. Good luck with it all on Monday. Please stop back often, we love to hear updates.
Have a great weekend! :)
@AJinNH

Hi @AJinNH .....great to hear you're doing so well. 15000 steps? I'm so impressed....must be that 4 day head start you had on me :wink: Really good that the other one is holding up so well....long may that last :yay: Hope the implant goes well too, think I'd rather face my surgeon than the dentist :bolt:

Hi @AJinNH - I'm so glad to hear your first hip is doing so well! 6 months and back at life - it sounds like you're making the most of it after your surgery.

What part of IL do you go to? If it's anywhere near St. Louis, let me know when you are going to be there and have some time - I'd love to get together!

On your recommendation, I read/listened to the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache series of books - I liked them very much! I think I want to be Ruth - she gets to do and say whatever she darn well pleases (and gets away with it).

Hello again! Things are going well, that cracked tooth is gone and healing well. I'm planning on putting in an implant there in a few months - what's one more bit of titanium :heehee:

Hey @Mojo333 I like your new picture! How are you doing? Are you staying out of trouble? ;)

@Layla I'm hoping to be able to stop by more often now, I've been so busy, it seems like July turned into October overnight. By the way, how's your mom doing? I hope she's healing well and still giving you (a little) grief.

@anny I hear you about the dentist, not a fan myself, although I never miss an appointment. But this extraction was less painful than some fillings I've had. Not looking forward to having the implant done though, but I don't want a bridge or to leave it toothless, so that's my best option. I do feel really good, I don't think of my hip most days. The only thing that reminds me is that I occasionally have muscle cramps on my right inner thigh. I'm sure it's to do with my increased activity and healing. It usually reminds me to start stretching again.

@SaraK so glad that you're enjoying the Louise Penny books! She has a new one coming out in November that I've preordered and can't wait to read. That series really helped me through the early part of my recovery after my replacement surgery. Now that we have an apartment in IL, we come here every month, even if it's for a short stay. We're in Oak Park, about a 15 minute train ride west of Chicago. I'd love to meet up some time, that would be fun! We're coming back in November for the holiday and to celebrate 3 birthdays (both grandkids and my husband). I'm not sure how much free time I'll have, but if it doesn't work out then, maybe after the first of the year. We're enjoying having a place of our own to land, and the ability to see our son and his family more often. The kids are growing up so fast, we didn't want to miss a second if we could help it. We love our home in NH too much to move outright, and we're pretty much country bumpkins at heart, but we enjoy pretending to be city folk for a little while. Plus it's been great for my hip! My son lives about a half mile from our apartment, so I do a lot of walking back and forth, plus walk to dinner or shopping, and the kids keep me going. I can now place my right leg onto my left knee to put on my socks, something I didn't think I'd be able to do again, and I'm sure all of the activity has helped.

I'm still swimming and taking water aerobics weekly, at least when I'm in NH. I haven't found a pool in IL yet. Plus I work out on an elliptical regularly (my favorite exercise) either at home in NH, or our apartment has one in their gym. Sitting for any length of time still makes me sore and achy.

I'll try to swing by again on Sunday to catch up some more.

What a great update @AJinNH
It's always so nice to hear from you! It sounds as though your recovery is going really well.
How nice to have two homes and the ability to see your son and grandkids monthly.
You're blessed. I'll bet it's rather exciting to travel to Chicago from New Hampshire on a regular basis.

My mom's recovery is going well, she's as feisty as ever, some things never change. Thanks for asking!

Stop by when you can find the time. We love updates. I hope you're enjoying all the beautiful foliage New England has to offer this time of year. It's getting really pretty in my neck of the woods and it's my favorite time of year.
Best wishes, hugs and love coming at you. Hope you have a lovely weekend! :loveshwr: :friends:

:wave:AJ
Funny how sitting causes more discomfort than going...
Never hurts until we stop...?
Hope you find a nice pool so you can keep everything nice and loose.
Hope all continues to go well!:yes!:

Hey AJinNH,
Wondering how you're doing at almost 9 months post op.
I'm imagining your doing great traveling back in forth between home one and home two, simply enjoying life!
Would love to hear an update if you stop by.
Sending love, a hug and best wishes for a lovely holiday season and happy, healthy 2019!
@AJinNH
:merry christmas:

Hi @AJinNH ......just popping in to wish you a very Happy Christmas, and I hope your second hip is still behaving itself! Take care :re-snowman:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie