• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Air Travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newwoman

senior
As a travel agent I can tell you that call ahead the airline you are traveling and you can arrange assistance for those long walks and they will have a wheelchair available for you. I did this for my husband when he was 3 months post op and we flew from Columbus Ohio to Athens Greece and at each stop of the airplane we were met with a wheelchair and in Athens Greece since at that time they didn't have one of those long arms that meets the plane and you had to disembark on the tarmac they kept us and several others on the plane and brought a scissor lift to the other side of the galley section of the plane and took my husband on that on a wheelchair and we went through security and customs with him in the wheelchair being pushed by airport personnel and me right behind him.
Always contact the airline ahead and see if they can help you and always allow ample connect times between any flights you have.
Cathy

OP
OP
F

faith

WOW! Now that's alot of info! I really have no problem being screened. If the machine beeps, a person should be screened. It makes me feel safer. And I am proud of my scars!
Faith

TKR012208

Country
United States United States
As a travel agent I can tell you that call ahead the airline you are traveling and you can arrange assistance for those long walks and they will have a wheelchair available for you. I did this for my husband when he was 3 months post op and we flew from Columbus Ohio to Athens Greece and at each stop of the airplane we were met with a wheelchair and in Athens Greece since at that time they didn't have one of those long arms that meets the plane and you had to disembark on the tarmac they kept us and several others on the plane and brought a scissor lift to the other side of the galley section of the plane ....
Oh, dear! My trip to Europe at the end of May is 4 months post-op! I hope I won't need a wheelchair anywhere! Then, the scissor lift!? If I need all that attention...maybe I should wait another year!? :) But, thanks for all the good info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Djlamb5
Recent bookmarks

Trending hash tags