THR Ahipgma recovery

@ahipgma Congratulations! I can’t imagine how good you must feel about the restrictions being lifted. So sorry about your tooth pain and glad you know what to expect, as well as what to do.
It’s funny the “Miracle Recovery” topic came up. When I went to weigh in yesterday at a different Weight Watchers meeting, because my hip hurt too much to go the day before to attend my regular meeting, the woman behind the table remarked about her recovery. She stated she was was fine after 3 weeks! While I am glad she thought so little about her recovery, I know better because of Bonesmart and everyone who participates, that there is still much healing going on after 3 weeks, so I have no illusions. I have weathered quite a few surgeries, but nothing like @mainegirl1 and understand where she is coming from.

Awesome news on your Six Week post op! @ahipgma
It's wonderful to leave the OS with the reassurance all is as it should be. So encouraging! Good Luck with the root canal. I hope it's not too painful.
Wishing you comfort for later in the day.

:flwrysmile: yippee for the release! Not so yippee for the tooth though. Hope you are recuperating from the dentist chair now so tomorrow you can dance the happy double hip dance!! :chuckmarch:

I Can't quite believe six weeks has passed since your second hip ! you've done amazing . well done :dancy:

I hope all goes well for you at your dental treatment - you have certainly had a busy year getting mended and soon to have a shiny new tooth!
I hope the pain settles soon
:loveshwr::friends:

@ahipgma Glad you will br pain free soon with that tooth. Good report from your doctor.

@ahipgma congrats on the 6 week check up--and Boo! about the tooth. When it rains....
I really cannot believe it's been 6 weeks. Your Miracle Hip person needs to bear in mind that this is your 2cnd hip replacement in 4 months! Let her put that in her pipe and smoke it!!

You are doing just fine. I'd leave you an adorable emoji but I forgot and signed on with my Safari account, doh!

Thanks all, gosh @CricketHip funny thing is this root canal I had yesterday hurt as bad as the hip. Tooth pain is the worst but, ah well.
If there is a dental emergency all bets are off. I just popped my 2gm of amoxicillin and off I went, @mainegirl1 ! Told my OS yesterday morning I had to get the root canal. @Cecropia how is your gait and your stiffness? Mine is improving by the day, my PT is helping with the strengthening. But this is the straightest and the most pain free I've walked in 3 years. All summer has been about these 2 surgeries but worth every minute!!!!

Good morning, @ahipgma I hope by now that the root canal is over, and you're back to paying full attention to sashaying along and improving those hips. As I've said before, with two of 'em now done, you can concentrate on getting back a wonderful hip pain free life in 2020--that's how I'm feeling anyway. Have a wonderful Friday!

Hello :wave:
Ugh! Root canal, sounds horrible. I hope you're not hurting too much. Thankfully it's over and with good pain management I hope your able to enjoy a beautiful Autumn weekend! :SUNsmile:
@ahipgma

I do hope today is a better day and that your dental surgery heals quickly.
Hugs @ahipgma :hugzz:

We caught your "blowy day with a nip in the air", lol.
I agree with MaineGirl on those acorns. Scary to slip on also! My little granddaughter wiped out on one while on her little scooter last year. Nasty ol acorns :heehee:
Rainy, cold and yucky here today. It's a homemade soup or chili kind of day.
I hope your teeth are hurting less by the hour.
Wishing you comfort and a lovely Autumn day...Happy Saturday! :wave:
@ahipgma

Tooth much better! Yep @mainegirl1 , There were men working in our backyard last fall and the acorns were falling from the oak trees about 20 feet and hitting them on the head--- I'm sure that hurt!
It went down to 48 last night and high will be 60 today, we went to a market district that i used to limp around and I marveled at how I was walking pain free. I'm sure that's going to hit me over and over as things I couldn't do are now doable, it's what kept me going when it was time to do that second one and I thought it would never end. Even the Activity that Shall not be Named is possible again between my husband and I-- that is wonderful!!!:thumb:
So all in all @Mojo333 and @Layla what you all do is so special by encouraging people to hang in there as they do these procedures that get them their life back.
Life is good! Oh and a possible VIRTUAL Hawaii trip with my besties @Mayhip8 @ChrissyW
, and @Calgal may happen soon. Everyone get your coconut bra and come along!:wink:

Last edited:
Move up here! Our veggies are done Hard frost and about an hour north snow at Sunday River.
Gorgeous day today . It feels warm but it is 47
Low tonight again below freezing.
Summers are done. Farmers markets closing soon

Good day, @ahipgma Glad to read that tooth isn't too painful and hip recovery is chugging along. Sunny at the moment, although lots of clouds swirling around but still, it is nice to see the sunshine as the morning started out gloomily with lots of clouds and the threat of rain. We did a community walk, the "Monster Mash Dash" (or stroll for our party of six) and it didn't rain and was cool and crisp and thus nice weather for a brisk walk. Happy Saturday!

My hips and I went to see Hugh Jackmans live show last night. Whew! I say it that way because we park fairly far away from our performance venue, the arena is huge once you get in there. ( I did not set the security alarm off at the checkpoint!) The steps to our seats were many and higher than the usual step.
So, when I first got these tickets as a mothers day gift I was just past my first surgery and I remember thinking that by the time October rolls around i will be done with both surgeries...and here it was! Other than a little tired all was well!!! Over and over I am so glad I had these surgeries done.
Hmm and BTW Mr Jackman was very athletic for 51 and a joy to watch!:wink:

Hello and a Happy Thursday to you!
Glad to read you enjoyed the performance. Best of all, you withstood all it took to get there and back home. I'll bet it was a great feeling to contemplate you made it through none the worse for wear. Yay you! :yes!:
@ahipgma

Congratulations on making the concert and the 'Activity' :giggle:! You're doing so well now, poster girl for double hippee methinks. :thumb:. We've gotta be strong and rally now for our @Mayhip8. :angel:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
August it is
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom