After surgery home or rehab facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats is terrific, I do wish I could have done something like that. I am afraid to ask about the ambulance but ok I will what in the world happpened? I am glad you are doing well now thank godness........Kim

Thats is terrific, I do wish I could have done something like that. I am afraid to ask about the ambulance but ok I will what in the world happpened? I am glad you are doing well now thank godness........Kim

The "idiot" caught the blanket in the gurney's wheels when he pulled me out of the ambulance twisting the operated leg. I yelled and he laughed. I YELLED and he paid attention. He claims he thought I was joking! JERK. Anyway, I had to have a complete set of x-rays done the next day to make sure my nice new hip was not damaged in any way. I was so stressed that night. Thankfully, the only damage was muscle. To add insult to injury I got a bill for $50 from the ambulance company.

Kathy

Kathy, I think I would have been really tempted to tell the ambulance company where they could put that bill.....you are kinder than I am!

Haha I agree that is sad. I bet you were nervous. What is the world would you have been laughing at if he was pulling the blanket.........Duh

Now THAT should be the worst, Webbie! At least for 50 bucks, you have a story to remember! :)

The "idiot" caught the blanket in the gurney's wheels when he pulled me out of the ambulance twisting the operated leg. I yelled and he laughed. I YELLED and he paid attention. He claims he thought I was joking! JERK. Anyway, I had to have a complete set of x-rays done the next day to make sure my nice new hip was not damaged in any way. I was so stressed that night. Thankfully, the only damage was muscle. To add insult to injury I got a bill for $50 from the ambulance company.

Kathy

What a dreadful experience! I remember when my sister had her first knee done and was taken down in a wheel chair to xray. Her leg was very swollen so she couldn't bend it at all but the porter brought a chair with no leg support. The nurse told him it didn't matter! Never asked the patient if she wanted one, mind you - just decided that for herself. So she had to hold her leg up with her hands. Then as he was wheeling her along, he misjudged a doorway and rammed her foot into the frame! When she shrieked out in pain, he told her not to do that else she'd get him into trouble!

I went home but had a ton of help (read she did everything she could) from my wife! I also have home nurse twice a week and the therapist comes to my house twice a week. If I didn't have that I would want to go a rehab unit!!! You will need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom