TKR After 2nd TKR

Henrietta there will be good days and awful days some days we think we could "climb a mountain" and the next wish we hadn't it's such a rollercoaster of a ride, I'm now 5 months post surgery on the whole Mrs. Knee is doing ok but occasionally she tells me who is in command at the moment her speciality is "bed jitters" as soon as I try to go to sleep she has other plans usually in resulting in DH getting annoyed and I retreating to the lounge :yawn: once in the lounge it stops lol I get the occasional zingers and oh heck they knock the stuffing out of you as feel like a knife is shoved in but I have been on this forum long enought to know this is all part of our healing.
We too in Portugal are facing lockdown all non urgent hospital appointments have been cancelled as well as physiotherapy we have been advised to "Stay home" Make this time for yourself to heal, gently exercises if you are able to walk in the country or garden do so if not gentle exercises at home and enjoy plenty of "me time" . Stay safe xxx

Sara61 it is a rollercoaster of a ride isn’t it.
i think Portugal is in a similar position to France isn’t it, in lockdown. Starting yesterday you can only go out for essential food, or the chemist, or dependants, and then you have to have a form filled in to say why your out.
I walked round the block yesterday, just over 10 minutes, I think that’s allowed as long as you don’t go near anyone. Must try to do it regularly as no other exercise (I was hoping to
go back to aquagym) and no kine. I also now have time to meditate and read, and we do jigsaws. My husband also has a model railway which can occupy him for hours.
You stay safe too.

Had an on line appt with a physio using ‘Zoom’ yesterday. Think it worked well, did exercises and got advice.,which has been sent by email as well.

Was feeling good when I wrote the last post. Now four and a half months on from op and still ok, go for a mile and a half walk most days. Knee makes a clicking sound but works ok.
only thing is, after the physio appt, I found there was a lack of flexibility and a bit of pain on outside of knee, esp when in bed, if I bend the leg. Don’t understand this as i think it’s a new feeling and consequently Rom compromised a little?

only thing is, after the physio appt, I found there was a lack of flexibility and a bit of pain on the outside of the knee, esp when in bed, if I bend the leg.
Remember what we have said? If it hurts during or after your PT, then you are doing too much and your knee isn't ready for that. I don't understand why you're still going to physio when you are doing so well.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back