TKR After 2nd TKR

Yes, I’d like to try one of them!
lindylee, I get confused about which thread I’m writing on, do you?

Thank you LD of Michigan. Tired today, had visitors for lunch and did too much in last few days. How are you?

Had a quiet day yesterday, knee sore, so another quiet day today.

I’m sorry your knee was more sore, but glad you are able to have some quiet days to help it settle down.

lindylee, I get confused about which thread I’m writing on, do you?

Yes, once a conversation starts on a thread I, obviously, don't pay enough attention to what I'm doing, whose thread it is and who
I'm replying too!

Sorry your knee is feeling sore, hope it settles. My left knee has settled down. I've been wrapping that one in clingfilm at night and I think it's helping,

Lindylee,

Did you ask your doctor if it’s ok to wrap your knee with clingfilm? Just curious, I’m planning for my simultaneous bilateral next week.

Made the mistake of walking round a very big supermarket today. Should know better!

I attempted to walk upstairs in the normal way today. Think I overdid it and ended up in pain for several hours. Think it will be a long time before I can go down stairs normally.

Can do a few steps this way. Going to a hospital appt with husband today (ENT) then meal on way back. That’s enough!

Did I tell you. We’re not coming back to England as planned, due to the virus. Husband has tendency to chest problems and allergies. After much agonising decided it isn’t worth the risk. Sad, but relieved we made the decision.

I think that you have made the right decision. It is not worth taking the risk unless you really have to travel.
Let's just hope that this virus does not last too long. The main reason I had this operation is so that we could travel more, but all of those plans gave been put on hold for the time being.
We have a holiday booked in Spain in July with family but not sure what will happen. We will have to wait and see.
Which part of England are you from?
Enjoy your lunch.

Lindylee,

Did you ask your doctor if it’s ok to wrap your knee with clingfilm? Just curious, I’m planning for my simultaneous bilateral next week.
@Tkdbob No, I didn't ask the doctor, just the info in the Bonesmart Library

It's easy to overdo things. I really enjoyed my physio exercise class yesterday, but the knee is a little sore today so taking it easy, as off out to lunch with friends tomorrow.

Good idea to put off travelling until things settle down. It's just not worth the risk.

Oh that's interesting. Whereabouts did you work? I was a primary school teacher and worked for Solihull and Birmingham Education Authority.
How is your knee progressing? I seem to have days when I feel that I am making good progress and then seem to go backwards and suffer from soreness and stiffness. I think that it is difficult to be patient .I will be seeing the physio again on Monday so that will be interesting. I still cannot walk downstairs in the normal way though. I remember that was a problem last time.
I am sleeping really well now though and seem to be back to normal at night time.

Just the same. Feel really tired a lot of the time, do things but feel sore and stiff. Still have ice at night. Sleep ok.saw physio friday, again next Friday, but govt in France have just announced non essential shops and restaurants closed from now on. Not sure how that leaves the Kine.
changed the bed today, but also slept in it a lot!

It sounds as if we are fairly similar, regarding progress with knees.
Suddenly found today that I could just about walk downstairs in the normal way, so I was quite pleased about that. So now I can slowly go up and downstairs in the normal way, even though it takes time!

Well done you. I can do some steps now with care, don’t often have to though.
having a restful weekend. (French govt have closed most things anyway)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom