TKR After 2nd TKR

I just looked up an MX5. It is the current model that was a Miata. I love those cars! I’m glad you can go for lovely drives in it.

Our Mazda is an old one with the flip up headlights and has been lowered so I'm not tempted to try at present. I don't want to get stuck in it!

Enjoy your drives and lunch out too. We holidayed in the Dordogne many years ago when our boys were young. It's a beautiful area. We stayed near Sarlat. My abiding memory though is being stuck on the roof of the monastery (I think that's what it was) at the top of Rocamadour. I was fine getting up there, but when it came to coming back down I felt I was stepping straight off the roof into the gorge and couldn't move!

Last edited:
Yesterday went out in the Mazda again, and as I had more aches and pains than on Sunday (back and hips) it was harder to get in and out! How daft is that? Ours is 10 years old.
We‘re about two hours from Sarlat. Not so touristy as Sarlat but still beautiful. Sorry about your bad experience! Funny what we do when we’re on holiday isn’t it.
book club with 4 friends today, 2 english 2 french.

Today back and hips still aching and it was harder to get in the Mazda yesterday for that reason. We went out for lunch then to the Kine. Not such a good idea as then I felt like going to sleep, he got me to squeeze a foam rugby ball under my knee then lifted leg up with weights for me to bend my knee, nearly half an hour. Don’t think the ROM is good but not worrying about it.

Back and hips still aching, but overall doing ok I think. Knee healing well and nice to see the nurse each day for reassurance. 3 more injections to go.

knee doing ok, but back and hips still ache. I think if I did a bit more walking it might actually help? Just walking inside and a bit round the outside of the house at the moment.

This surgery affects our whole body. Our gait is thrown off of its normal stride and our muscles aren't used to it. In time your aches should calm down as your body adjusts to the 'new you'.

I had a lot of hip and back pain walking with a different gait after my first TKR. The hip pain gradually improved as I walked round the street, but because I have scoliosis the backache didn't until the second knee was done and now the hip is playing up again, but I knew it would and it's a different reason, nothing to do with the surgery and altered gait,

I try to do a short walk round the block every day, gradually increasing the distance. I started with 5 minutes and today I did 25 minutes. The new knee was fine, better than the first that can still feel a bit stiff sometimes and the hip kicked in after about 20 minutes. So take it easy if you do go out walking and build up gradually.

Thank you Lindylee and sistersinhim.
the Back ache is improving now and I think I ought to be walking a bit further than I am. Just realised that my fit bit wasn’t reminding me when I needed to get up and try to complete 250 steps in an hour. Do find that an incentive, and I haven’t done anything like that much since the op.
Have just walked round the garden (just managed it before it got dark) round the block is 10 minutes (normally) so after tomorrow when we’re going out for lunch with a group of classic car people, I’ll try to do it.

Enjoyed lunch and a quiz yesterday, tired afterwards of course. Aches improving, hope to do a bit more walking today. Thank you to everyone for the encouragement.

Drove round the block yesterday to see how it felt, and check if I can do a short distance on Sunday when husband and I are going to a lunch where he would appreciate me driving home for once!

Lunch was from 12.30 to 5.30! I got up every hour for a walk round. Seat not v comfortable for knee. Sat on my coat. Drove back the short distance ok.
sleeping ok now, ice at night.

That's some lunch! Well done for getting up every hour. I tell myself that's what I'm going to do when out and to often forget! Sounds as if you're doing well.

Walked round the block yesterday, 10 minute walk.
how are you doing Lindylee?

Doing very well thanks Henrietta. This right knee is already more comfortable than the left is a year on. I had my post-op review today and the surgeon was very pleased with progress. He'll see me in 10 months and review both knees then and because of my hip and back issues might send me for gait analysis if there's still problems. He also asked me to get the physio to assess both knees and give me more stretches for the left to see if that helps. I see the physio this afternoon so will see what they say.

Lindylee, that surgeon sounds good, as if he’s listening to you and making practical suggestions.
i spent nearly an hour yesterday with Kine doing 2 exercises. Then my knee was sore. haven’t felt like that before. Better now though.

Yesterday had coffee with friends then went shopping in Lidl. Very tired when I got back. Knee hot too. Ice and elevate.
today follow up with surgeon. Says all ok and I can drive and swim. Then new experience. Went to Ikea in Bordeaux and husband pushed me round in a wheelchair. He enjoyed that as we didn’t stop to look at things so much. Actually he was very good. I was a bit anxious in the China department though!

I thought I replied to your Ikea story, but seem to have replied on Aries thread ......:umm:

Well done Henrietta. So pleased you can drive and swim again.

The wheelchair experience - :rotfl: When OH got stuck halfway round Asda, and I managed to get him a mobility shopper from the store, he was in his element. Loved being able to chuck stuff in his basket (mainly biscuits and alcohol. :martini:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom