THR advice needed

modcons

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hi just wondering if anybody can help I need a left hip replacement but because I am paralysed down my left side the dr
I am unable to have a hip replacement but the dr said they can take the hip away I have never heard this before so would I be able to walk afterwards and any other advice would be great

@modcons Welcome to BoneSmart! Why are they telling you that you can't have an implant? I would find another surgeon. This just doesn't sound right.

he said because I am paralysed down my left side it will keep popping out so he said we could take the hip out but I don't know what it means afterwards regarding walking

@modcons Welcome to BoneSmart :welome: I think you need a 2nd opinion. Perhaps an orthopedic surgeon who also has expert knowledge of neurology. @Jaycey do you know of any such person in the UK?

Did the surgeon you saw mention what kind of procedure he thought you needed? Do you recognize "Girdlestone" being mentioned?

hi the consultant I saw was not my normal consultant but they both say I cant have a hip replacement.
But the last one I saw did say to take the hip away which sounds Girdlestone which you mentioned but he never went into much detail he said best if I talk to my main consultant.

When are you seeing your consultant? I think I would start writing down the questions you have for him/her now, so you can best prepare yourself for the consult.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom