TKR Advice for Round 2

You can do some preop exercises now. Its not too late. Just don't cause yourself any major pain.
I'm glad that you finally have your date. Now you can start your countdown.

I found that my 2nd was MUCH easier recovery than my first. The knee was in better shape to start with also. Good Luck!!!!

All great info in this thread! My second TKA is scheduled for next Tuesday. Making our big Thanksgiving meal this Sunday, and looking forward to eating the leftovers through Thanksgiving and beyond...

This time around I will know that the "tight band feeling" is entirely normal!

@Golfer1 Good luck with your surgery on Tuesday, at least this time round we all know what to expect or to avoid, nevertheless still a tad daunting enjoy your Thanksgiving Sunday xx

@Rubyroo - I'm OK, but getting quite nervous as it's only 2 weeks away, I think as we know what to expect in a way it's still quite daunting, to be honest I'm not looking forward to the first few weeks after, especially with Christmas so close, but needs must.
Thankfully my knee is giving me grief as for the last week or so I had no pain whatsoever so was questioning my decision, but a girlfriend took me to a shopping mall yesterday and after 1 hour I could barely walk, today its giving me serious grief so at leastI know I've made the right decision.
I still have a few odds and ends to sort out, but time is going rather quickly :flabber: so I need to get my Christmas shopping done next week.
Tomorrow I will enquire with my surgeon regarding the booster vaccine, as I will be given Pfizer this time, I'm hoping not to get any side effects, the Johnson was fine.
How are you coping xx

@Sara61 I got my Pfizer booster this afternoon. Like you- mixed emotions about the upcoming round 2. We know it is the right decision to have the surgery for sure but-:scare:it is A LOT to go through.
I had a fun time on my short Girl’s trip. I went with a friend who is 78 years old. Between her age/health restrictions & my knee we were a pair ☺️. It was good to get away for a few days and we enjoyed one another’s company.
Thinking of you & please know I feel what you’re feeling! But WE CAN DO THIS!

@Rubyroo "YES WE CAN" so glad to hear you had fun with your girlfriend, its good to have girl time, thankfully Louise ( my best friend) loves to shop and go places as my husband is happy with his golf and non stop sports on the TV, although he is a few years younger than I ( 3 yrs) - he acts a lot older we are a funny matched pair but something must be working as we have been married for 35 years :dubious:
Maybe it's him being glued to the TV :heehee:

Yikes, 2 weeks today.....
Surgeon gave me the go ahead to get the booster vaccination, but so far not been called, rather hoping it's this week as next to close to my surgery.
I'm booked in for the Covid test on Sunday the 5th.
Not sure if it's pre-nerves but I'm not sleeping at all well, start off OK but wide awake from 3am onwards, I'm also slightly cranky which is unlike me.. just wanting it now to be done with, my husband commented this evening he said last time I was so relaxed prior :rotfl: of course ...I had no clue what the after was like lol
Weather also not helping we have gone cold only 6 degrees tonight very unusual for the Algarve so also feeling this in my bones, I'm now tucked up in bed under my Nordic Duvet with the electric under blanket on :heehee: hopefully :sleep:and not:tiredwheel::bored:better day tomorrow xx

Sleep still not great, but at least I'm getting a few hours, maybe my body is in training for the weeks ahead :shocked:
After a very long day, I finally got a booster vaccine ( I originally had the Johnson) as I was not quite in the recommended age group ( they are re-vaccinated the 75 year old) and as I'm having surgery in 12 days, I had to join a queue, 3 hours later I was given the Moderna vaccine not only does my knee jolly well hurt, now my arm feels like a log and is extremely painful, although I feel very cold ( I'm lying on a heated blanket) I have a icy wine cooler wrapped around my arm.
Better day tomorrow
Wishing all the US folk a very Happy Thanksgiving xxx

Glad you were able to get your booster. I am trying to keep calm & positive as we await our surgery dates.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member