TKR Adg11 Recovery Journey

Jaycey

ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@adg11 You might want to check with your family doctor about this cat scratch. I would keep an eye on it and be sure to keep the area clean and dry.

Claire56

Country
United States United States
If you have a normal immune system you probably won't have any problem. I volunteer at an animal rescue and scratches are just part of the "job". After 3 years of doing it, I haven't had any of the scratches or bites get infected.

OP
OP
A

adg11

Country
Thanks for all the replies. I so appreciate the support and suggestions. This is such a helpful community.

@Jockette I am in between health care providers and start up with a new one June 21st. The on call service never got back with me. I did check the wound this morning and it's very small. There is a bit of bruising around it. I think it bled more than expected because of the aspirin. But there is no swelling and it has a scab. I cleaned the area again and applied a bit more antibiotic cream and another bandage. I will continue to watch it.

@MaryCat I enjoyed reading your story. There is light at the end of the tunnel. And my kitties are definitely a comfort to me during this time. I decided to lay a thicker blanket over my legs for the times when they want to snuggle next to me.

@Jaycey I will definitely watch it. My 6 week followup is in a couple of weeks so he can hopefully confirm that there are no issues.

@Claire56 I appreciate hearing your story about the animal rescue. That is definitely reassuring. I have been healing fairly quickly since the surgery and I think my immune system is strong.

OP
OP
A

adg11

Country
I heard back from the doctor and they were not concerned about the cat scratch because it wasn't near the incision and it was more in the skin and not deeper tissues. They of course said to alert them if there were any changes but they did not anticipate there would be. Thanks again for everyone's support.

sistersinhim

Staff member since March 2017
BoneSmart Staff
Country
I heard back from the doctor and they were not concerned about the cat scratch because it wasn't near the incision and it was more in the skin and not deeper tissues.
Yay, that's wonderful news! That's one big worry over with.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
avariciou5
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom