TKR abnormal lab results after ltkr

I think knees may react to pressure changes.. not the cold per se.. Otherwise no one would feel relief from blessed ice.
in OK you have had some wild temperature swings.

Maybe it was a pressure change. We had 20-30 mph winds yesterday and temps plunged below teens with light snow. Our house was cold inside so icing was not fun, but I sucked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I had an electric throw that helped keep the rest of me warm while my knee was being iced. Ask Santa for one. :santawave:

I worked outside for an hour or so Friday while it was in the 20s and my knees did fine. What effects me is pressure changes, too, like the others. Whether going up or down, if it's happening quickly, then the aching comes in both knees. Once it stables out then the aches ease.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not noticed much difference.. We have had cold-20 to hot 50 in two days. No real storms.. just cold one day, half a foot of snow the next and today rain and ice.

Snow is so much more conforming than ice cubes!

It was 12 degrees today and windy when I went to the OS. I swear my metal knees got "cold" it felt good though not painful. My old knees were excellent weather predictors.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

I can predict the weather better than a meteorologist!!!!

Jen

Well I could prior to TKR.. but no longer.. I'm about as accurate as weather forecasts on the Weather Channel which around here are mostly wrong.

My knees were never affected by the weather before I had TKRs and they still aren't.

I'm in the 7th week now and I noticed at 5 weeks I was having times during day when I would get hot and sweaty. Now I'm having horrible nights sweats. I am past menopause and was using hormone Creme for maintenance. Could tramadol cause this or a reaction to surgery that messed my hormones up again? I'm considering calling my family doctor who gives me hormone creme, but thought maybe u ladies mighT have some wisdom. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. thats for your GP to figure out. There are too many possibilities.. Just cause you are in recovery and focused on knee does not mean something unrelated is impossible. Or it could be nothing.

I had an MI and cancer at the same time . I blamed my cancer symptoms on the MI meds.

@J.A. Hag .... you'll notice that I've merged your latest thread with your original recovery thread. We prefer to keep all your updates and concerns in a single thread. It makes things much easier if we need to go back and review your history before responding. So, please post here when you have a question related to your recovery or want to let us know how you're getting along. Of course, if you want to have the thread title changed to highlight a particular issue, we're happy to do that too. Just post what you want here and we'll change it for you.

Some people do have this reaction to pain medication, so that could be at least part of the problem. If it bothers you enough, you could check with your GP. You mentioned that you were using a hormone cream....have you stopped that? If so, you might check with the doctor that prescribed it and see if you could resume it now. Otherwise, I'd give yourself a little more time in recovery and see if the night sweats lessen. Seven weeks is really very, very early. This is major surgery and all types of things can occur as your body readjusts itself following the trauma of it all.

I'm sorry your flashing. I was fortunate, my flashes turned off this fall before my knees were done. That has to only add to the sleep disturbances. If I could I would send cool breezes your way. I flashed terribly for years. Please do contact your GP to discuss!

I still flash sometimes after going through menopause over 10 years ago. I never took hrt. I control them with natural herbs. They are much fewer and less severe now, but still come. Especially, when I don't want them to! Your body might be reacting to the stress of the tkr. All kinds of things can pop up. I even had a UTI about 3 months ago. I had never had one before! I have had all kinds of surgeries through the years, but this one has had more side effects than any of the others. I think you're going through just part of the healing processes.

Yes, I am post menopausal also. I go thru times where I may have hot flashes often and then times not so much or none. One thing I don't tolerate well anymore is heat, if some place is really warm I can get uncomfortable and almost sick feeling. The days of wearing layers for clothing or sweaters are gone, I am most comfortable in light weight shirts or blouses.
I think your surgery may have been a trigger to have started you back to having some flashes, but do check it out with the dr. I had a awful time in recovery regarding sweating, come to, not totally but enough to hear the nurses say she is wringing wet with sweat and I was some what nauseated, I believe don't know how it can happen that I had a anxiety attack while coming to from the surgery. I don't know if prior to being put out I was so stressed to cause this or what actually set me off, but because of it, they cancelled my first p/t session. Give us a update when you find out the cause of these sweats.

I think the meds or surgery aftermath messed with my internal thermometer too. I had hot/cold swings too that went away as I recovered.

Hi I went to 3 wk appt this morning and the Dr. said patients are at 100 ROM by now, you're behind. I was 90 today and 92 is my best. I was told when you come at 6wks if you're not 112 we will do surgery to bend knee for you. My swelling is why I can't bend and it's from doing too much. He said it's a challenging period and I need to push through. My husband went with me and he walked away with you need to be 120 in 3wks and I'm going to need to do better. How can I when knee swells so much which decreases my ROM. I did switch to a cane which is good need! Yay me!

I know your post a couple of weeks ago, but the response from your 3 week check up about being behind is not helpful and they should know better. The forum has always said and it is true, the road to recovery is not a one size fits all. I have also had such negative messages and finally have a PT that only provides me with in depth information about what is going on inside with recovery but a step by step approach that is tailored to my specific needs and is POSITIVE. I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but thought I would throw out my experience if it helps. The take home message I guess for me is to feel empowered to ask questions and demand information that will improve my outcomes. Easier said than done.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks