TKR Abdominal muscle pain

I have gone through this as well and I'm still in treatment. I don't know what area of your breast is involved. The lumpectomy isn't terrible, and you caught it early. They have changed their plan of care over the last few years which is a good thing. Your surgeon will let you know what kind of breast cancer you have and what he/she thinks should be done. Hopefully he/she told you to get a bra you can sleep in. Most of us bought an inexpensive cotton one from Walmart one size larger, no underwire. You might need a small gel ice pack. Thinking of you. You can do this!

Surgery done and at home. It went very well and surgeon said lymph node looked good but will be examined by pathologist. The Lord was definitely with me and I thank you all so much for your caring thoughts and prayers. Now I can look forward to my next knee replacement.

Praise God today's behind you and the lymph nodes look fine! Prayer is the best medicine and healer! I pray you get a really good night's sleep.

Aww, Whoodee, that sounds very encouraging! I hope you're feeling at peace and your sleep tonight is sweet. PTL!
@Whoodee

I hope you're doing well on this four month anniversary of your Left TKR. Hopefully you received additional good news, or will soon. Hugs and best wishes for a good day! :SUNsmile:
@Whoodee

Thank you Layla. I am doing well and hope to get good news on Tuesday and I’m so looking forward to getting my right knee done on February 27. I appreciate you remembering me.

Just wanted to let you all know I got the good news this afternoon. My surgeon called to tell me that lymph node was free from cancer cells. Praise the Lord! I am glad I didn’t have to wait until my appointment with her on Tuesday to get this news. Now to look forward to my knee surgery next month!

Wonderful news, Whoodee! PTL!
Next up... a shiny new knee. :happydance:I hope you sleep well tonite.
@Whoodee

@Whoodee Wonderful news from you! Whew! So glad you caught that early. Bring on February 27th!

:yes!: Great news! What a kind doctor to let you know right away! Waiting is the worst.

Time is getting closer for RTKR. Had left one done October 19 and was wondering if anyone had similar situation and could offer any tips, suggestions, etc. In between I had lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node removal. I realize this is a lot of anesthesia in a short period of time, but it all had to be done. I am so looking forward to getting right knee done so that I can finally start to have a normal life again. I’ve suffered so long with bad knees (my fault) because I was so afraid to have it done. I just pray my right one does as well as my left. I was truly blessed. Thank you for any support you may offer.

All I can say is good luck. I am just over 3 months past my PKR and the thought of doing it again would fill me with horror.
Thankfully my other knee has only mild arthritis although my lumbar spine and one hip are pretty bad- so I may need further surgery at some point.
I guess you know your body and if the time has come to do it- go for it.

@Whoodee .... please don't worry about problems with your anesthesia. Assuming you've not had any difficulties with it during prior procedures, it should not be an issue. Just be sure to let your anesthesiologist and your surgeon know of any difficulties you've had in the past as well as the type of anesthesia that gave you problems and ask if they feel comfortable with you "going under" again for this surgery. Remember that "problems" with anesthesia can be things as common as nausea following the procedure....if the doctors know that's been a problem, they can give you medicine before surgery and immediately after to counteract it. We want you happy and comfortable as you get this second knee done.

It sounds like you have a good surgeon since your left knee went so well. Here's hoping the same goes for your upcoming right knee. Each recovery is its own thing, though, so you need to keep in mind that it could be different.....not better or worse necessarily.....just a little different. You might want to review the recovery articles again and your early posts to recall exactly how things went.

Thank you Jamie. I appreciate your response. I’ve not had any problems at all with anesthesia in the past so hopefully that will be the case again. Yes, I do have a very good surgeon. I will review the articles as you suggested. Thanks again.

My goodness, you've certainly been through it lately!
Its great that you found Bonesmart for your TKRs.
Hope your left tkr is still doing well and soon you will be rid of the bad one.

Hi Whoodee, on this four month anniversary of your Left TKR, Happy Four Month Anniversary!
One week from tomorrow and it will finally be, Righty's, turn and you can count on us to cheer you on.
We'll be here with bells and whistles making the most noise. :wink:

I hope you're ready to roll and get on with the healing process, or continue the healing process I should say. What a great feeling it will be for you to have both surgeries behind you.:happydance:Wishing you comfort and a good week!
@Whoodee

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks