TKR Abdominal muscle pain

@Whoodee I am a breast cancer survivor. If that is what it is, sounds like you caught it early. My understanding is that the earlier it is caught, the easier the treatment. Best of luck.

I had my breast biopsy done by the radiologist that was trained in this area. It was done in an examination room, and she used sterile technique. You could also have this done in an outpatient setting by a breast surgeon. It didn't take very long, and I left with a small band aid. I would have this done as soon as possible. I had mine done a week after my mammogram. Please don't wait.

@Whoodee
Definitely talk to your ortho surgeon. The biopsy is more important right now IMHO.
I had a breast biopsy 10/20. I was a wreck. The actual procedure was not painful at all. A lovely nurse held my hand and told me everything that was happening. I had a marker placed in the breast for future mammograms. I had no pain or problems after the procedure. The results were negative, but had to wait a few days. You know that's the worst part.
Please keep us posted.

Thank you Beachy. You give me hope. I will keep you posted.

Prayers for a negative result from your biopsy, Whoodee, and also for your peace of mind as you wait for the procedure and the results. :prayer:
@Whoodee

Had biopsy this morning. The procedure took longer because the nodule was so small it was difficult for radiologist to get samples. I guess that’s a good thing. Have to wait two to three business days to get results. I have to say procedure was painless and the radiologist and technician were most kind and compassionate. The Lord was with me throughout.

@Whoodee So glad the biopsy is done and dusted. Fingers crossed for a negative result. :fingersx:

So glad to hear the procedure is over and was painless. Now for negative results!!

Thinking of you and hoping for the best results.

Thank you all. Waiting to hear is the hardest part.

Yes, waiting is the hardest part. We'll be praying for you!

Prayers for a negative result. I'm glad you had a kind compassionate team performing the biopsy, Whoodee.
Joshua 1:9

Am just wondering how long it takes to get your stamina back from TKR. Was trying to take down and put away my Christmas decor but ran out of steam quickly. My husband thought part of my problem was because of my right knee needing replacement and not necessarily because of my knee replacement in October. My new knee feels great, it’s just this old body I guess Just interested in how others are doing.

It took me quite a while to get my energy back. I'd say about 6 months or so. It takes a whole lot out of your whole body, not just your knee. That takes time to recover from.

I'm sure others will stop by to share how they are doing in this regard, Whoodee.

Surgery puts a lot of stress on your body and often there is poor sleep or sleep disturbances involved in recovery. In addition, I'm sure you've been a bit anxious with the recent discovery, procedure and now waiting for results. Plus we just went through the holidays which is an exhausting time for many.

Our body's energy supply isn't limitless. So when we're in healing mode after major surgery our energy will be used for healing first, not leaving a great reserve for all the other activity of daily life. It is completely normal to feel tired for quite some time. How long....most likely relates to your body's rate of healing. Making our best effort to get adequate sleep and rest is beneficial.
Our body does the best healing while we're sleeping.

In case you haven't read it yet, following is an article from the Recovery Guidelines on the topic of Energy Drain

You're not alone in this and since you're not even three months post op, it's not surprising. With lots of restorative rest this will slowly ease.
Sweet Dreams tonight! :yawn::sleep:

Well, got the call this morning and biopsy showed breast cancer. It is very small and I will be seeing a breast surgeon this afternoon to go over options. Please keep me in your prayers.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom