ConforMIS

TKR Abbylayla 5th August RTKR

OP
OP
A

Abbylayla

Country
United States United States
Getting my teeth cleaned Thursday. Have to take 4/500 mg. amoxicillin one hour before.
Is this the norm? Is it permanent?

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
It actually isn't necessary, but some surgeons are very cautious and they prefer it if you do take antibiotics. It's something you need to discuss with your own surgeon.

Dental antibiotics: Evidence insufficient to recommend prophylactic antibiotics for dental procedures

My surgeon said I'd need to take antibiotics for dental work for the rest of my life.
After doing a bit of research for myself, I decided I would take antibiotics for the first year after surgery and then stop.

OP
OP
A

Abbylayla

Country
So somehow I've managed to get a UTI. Never had one before but I think I caught it early and I'm on antibiotics. I'm very concerned with my new knee getting infected. Has anyone been in this boat before?

sistersinhim

Country
I had my first UTI after my TKR, too. It seems to happen for some reason. I ended up getting them frequently and went going to a urologist. I was doing one of the worst things I could do for cleansing. I had been using antibiotic wipes and killing off my good bacteria. Make sure your wipes do not contain an antibiotic. My urologist recommended a bidet for cleaning and since I've been following her advice I've not had another one...praise God! I hope these suggestions will help you.

OP
OP
A

Abbylayla

Country
The infection didn't affect your new knee?
Whenever I hear infection of any kind I get very concerned

newlybionic

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
With an UTI the infection is in your urinary tract. An infection can only travel from one place to another if it is in your blood stream. You’re on antibiotics now so I wouldn’t worry about it.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Joom39
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom