Revision THR A new year and new hope: revision for loosened THR

:yes!:
So nice to hear you are doing well!!!!
Your story is inspiring and hope that it brings hope to those facing revision.
That amazing positive attitude of yours certainly had to help.:tada:
Stay safe, friend

Wonderful update @prairienut ! I think many of us worry about needing a revision-- you have helped to ease some of the worries and dread that the word revision conjures up.

Returning to the gardening and being outside has to feel so rewarding. If you are like me, I start grinning from ear to ear some days when doing something a bit strenuous and the hips remain agreeable!

Here's to many years with zero problems!

Hi Bonesmarties! I am coming up on my 2-year revis-iversary and can continue to report that I have no hip pain and freely engage in normal daily activities including long walks over hill and dale with our dog. I have noticed that even this far out from surgery I see subtle improvements such as now being OK with taking steps two at a time and feeling like jogging for short distances in the meadow with the dog. Most importantly, I have not fallen in the last two years. I realize now that I fell several times prior to my revision because the original prosthesis was LOOSE in my femur. The instability of the joint caused me to fall several times without warning especially when reaching and bending in my garden. I thought it was just my own clumsiness and did not realize it was a bad THR.

Because of covid restrictions, I have not been back to the gym. I tried meeting my trainer at a vacant house we are trying to sell as we could keep our distance there in the empty living room and not be around others. However, she refused to wear a face mask because according to her, covid is "no worse than the common cold and masks restrict oxygen intake." I will put off getting back to training sessions until after the vaccine is readily available all. In the meantime, I will do my own exercise routine at home to work on balance and upper body strength.

To all those who are facing revisions, please remember my mantras: "There is life after revision." and "Revisions Rock!"

Happy holidays to all, and let's hope that 2021 brings much better things than this year did.

So happy to hear from you and know that you are doing well.
Certainly members who are looking at a revision, as you know, are anxious and your story is SO appreciated.

To all those who are facing revisions, please remember my mantras: "There is life after revision." and "Revisions Rock!
:banana-santa:

Please pop into our New Year's party thread next week and share your success there too.
Hugs @prairienut :friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics