THR A new world..there better be coffee

And desserts are not my forte. Though I had a bunch of Honey Crisp apples and microwaved one with maple syrup and sprinkled buttermilk blue cheese on it for lunch!

Yesterday we along with our neighbors took a long road trip to visit several waterfalls. Along the way was a roadside honor system bakery.. We got some maple creme cookies!

@ceezee Glad you and @mainegirl1 are talking great recipes and thank you for “The Food Lab” recommendation. There are some great vegetarian recipes in there, too!
@VSlowLife I suppose we are outside the bounds of what is normally discussed but it is a reminder that post op there is life beyond hip or knee.

:hi: @mainegirl1
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Wishing you a lovely Autumn New England day.
I hope the winds have diminished and the sun is shining through the reds, golds and rusts on the trees, if the trees aren't bare after the winds.
Whatever the weather....I hope your day feels sunny and bright. :SUNsmile:

I agree--food is a topic we can all relate to, and with the slow trudge of recovery, it's nice to read about something other than aching thighs and wonky hips! An honor bakery, @mainegirl1? That sounds pretty cool--but the temptation to take 'em all since there is no one around to notice (paying appropriately, however) would be pretty darn tempting. Maple creme cookies sound delicious. Happy Sunday!

Three mile round trip hike 700 feet elevation gain and some mild rock scrambling
9 weeks in
This would never have happened without THR
6EF51C89-3BE0-41AA-8DF1-9A66D5000EAC.jpeg

@VSlowLife Not a peep out of the hip and my ROM is greatly improved.. I was thrilled that I could cross my feet going sideways on some crevices when I picked the wrong route. I could feel the muscles firing. Maybe I will have to ice as I don't want to feel the muscles tonight in bed. The poles were for my head game @Supersonic . A backup for balance if I felt it was needed. They are helping me immensely in the head game of confidence. I was teetering on a rock thinking how much more fun this was than a balance ball in a room at PT and marveling at the comeback of the muscles. And no I am not rock climbing. In New England its common to have to climb up sheer rock at various angles of teeter and sometimes we get in the wrong place and have to work our way out because we did not have the correct AHA moment at the bottom of the rock slide.

Right now I am almost jumping for joy but I gotta fix dinner for the two of us!

Amazing, @mainegirl1 , just amazing and you still feel well enough to make dinner! Glad to hear the muscles were doing what they needed to do and all functioned so well. You are very encouraging.
I have a pair of trekking poles now to help me with recovery, after reading about how helpful they have been after recovery. I hope to get a surgery date in the next week or so, probably in January. I have the snow attachments, I have ice grippers for my boots. Now I will need some of those gripping winter shoes we have chatted about.

Pretty view from up there @mainegirl1
Glad you enjoyed, thanks for sharing. Good news you're feeling great after it all! Have a nice evening. :)

Lovely vista, @mainegirl1 although it looks like a significant hike to get to where you can enjoy it. I can't imagine doing that, and you're a month after me! But clearly your pre-surgical condition is serving you well, and you're willing to push the envelope during recovery and, thus far, not suffering permanent ill effects. The cold, wet and dreary weather is not encouraging me to get up and get moving--too often I am simply collapsing in a chair in our family room to read, turning on the gas fireplace and spending entirely too long in one position. I am paying the price with increased stiffness and aching these days and I know this is due entirely to my laziness and lack of motivation. You are a good example for me, although that doesn't mean I am following suit in terms of moving more. I need to do better, I know. Argh! But hurray for you!

Oh I went to bed at nine and at seven could barely move so stiff!
My cheap FitBit lies
It tallied 2200 steps over all yesterday!I dont have eight foot steps! And I tally that just cooking and housecleaning!
It does tell time though.
Is stiffness going on and on for years? Aagg
no I did not take Tylenol

Worry not, mainegirl. You'll get there as I'm sure you recall through past recovery experiences. You accomplish more now than many without fake hips and achy stiffness do on a good day.
It. will. come.

Hi mainegirl1 just noticed your photo of a stunning view. Well worth any after pains in my opinion!

@mainegirl1 Yes, can’t wait to get rid of this limiting, nagging, fatiguing, hip pain! My surgery date is January 31. I asked to be placed on the cancellation list. imagine your muscles got quite the work out and all that fresh oxygen will help them recover. At this point I can’t imagine doing what you did.

The hip was sore in the AM but in the afternoon it was bike time. Today it is not sore.
I figure its more a reaction to barometric pressure. My sore days are right before storms and the one last week was a very sore one due to record low pressure.

Hiking today again.. Take hope!

@mainegirl1 I know the very low or drastic drops in barometric pressure well, and the aches they bring. Sorry you get them, too.
I am in awe of how well you add activity into your day.
I tried my trekking poles today in my yard. I love them! I certainly stand up straighter and I am feeling things waking up a bit. I only went to 15 minutes.

My hip definitely knows when the weather's damp. I hate to get cold too, maybe it takes longer for the prosethic to warm up ?
I'm more aware when the weather's cold, I'm looking into cold weather clothing that keeps my legs and bottom warm Never really had this issue before.
In fact it felt to cold for my walk yesterday ( poor excuse l know). Instead l went back to the excercises they gave me from hospital. Wow am l tight today.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie