THR A new world..there better be coffee

Well @julesglass @Layla would disagree on the caution . But I do think of what ifs before doing something
While the I T band might be better it just spoke to me when I got on the floor to look under the bed. I was kneeling.
The hip said nothing!
And after all these years I am loving standing on one foot for 30 seconds practicing balance
Feels so secure!

Good Afternoon :wave:
It's good to read your knee is feeling better and the ITB tightness easing.
Great balance you have @mainegirl1
I hope you have a lovely safe Sunday. Emphasis on safe. :wink:
Me cares about you. :)

Good day, @mainegirl1 After all of that busy activity yesterday, hope you have a more relaxing and less active Sunday. It's impressive the number of challenges you're willing to take on and, thus far--knock on wood--no lasting ill effects. I know I should be encouraging you to dial it back, but I do think it's pretty cool to read about all your outings, so relatively close to your surgery, and your enthusiasm for living is definitely infectious. Have a good day.

@mainegirl1 have a great Sunday and keep up the good healing! You are definitely amazing me with all that you're accomplishing along the way! Tired me out just checking in on you!
:rotfl:

Ooh. No walking aids today
Veggie farm
Butcher
Supermarket (17 items)
Yarn store
Home.
50 mile loop. (lots of lakes make lots of distance)Wait till hubby sees I should have but did not stop for gas
ITB doth protest
Lounge Doctor and TV now with ice

40 min elevate and ice all is well
20 days post op . Just jettisoned aids
so I expected soreness. Very pleased getting into high truck
Hubby has been working replacing a 800 sq ft deck and put new stairs in evenly spaced at six inch rise
Can't wait to try them out tomorrow
Otherwise it will be a potter around the house day!
I am so pleased at how easy it is now to clean myself if I may be crude. . Before my ROM was so limited and now I can get TP where it needs to go

I am glad you are able to be up and about so much at 20 days. You sound happy! After all the swelling I have read about, which I think has been described as a dill pickle leg, by some in this forum, I was wondering how that affected some things, in general, besides pain and balance.

No pain. A dull ache in the am and upon overdoing.. Balance is better than before. I can go downstairs securely foot over foot though I slide my hand along the handrail Just In Case.

Dill Pickle leg? I guess I don't understand. It seems bendy and getting more muscled.

I hope you truly stuck to a "potter around" day yesterday, @mainegirl1 Seems like you have a tendency to overdo things just a wee bit on occasion. But congrats on the normal stair walking--I can do that as well, but generally always slide my hand along the railing going up or down, just as a precaution. You will get to the point, as I suspect we all will, of forgetting to do that at some point when we're fully recovered. Have a good Monday.

Hi ya,
How's my favorite renegade today? :wink:
It's a special one - Happy Three Week Anniversary!
I hope you're behaving and enjoying a lovely Monday in Maine :SUNsmile:
@mainegirl1

@Layla. I pottered around the house. took a short 10 minute walk and did various odd jobs like swiffering dog hair and finishing my painting finishing a sock editing photos from
our outing and cleaning the pantry which has six partial boxes spaghetti three of grits and several salt
The grabber is handy. I only have to take one step up the stepstool. And its safe!
Tomorrow promises one day of summer so no housework and a longer walk
I am
up to 2500 steps a day unaided. Feels secure!
I didn't sleep that well last night as my mind was thinking of all these little jobs. I did nap in the recliner for an hour. !
The hip is ok with me on the op side or the non op side!

Pacing yourself great @mainegirl1!
I cleaned my kitchen and hallway, did a load of laundry and cleaned out my fridge.
Blessed to have post surgery food gifts from friends so popped an easy premade dinner into the oven.
I bet in Maine you're seeing traces of fall, we have 70s during the day and 60s at night in western PA, excellent comfortable weather for doing anything!
Finally have myself down to just tramadol at night with Celebrex ( prescribed) x1 month and tylenol when needed. So mind less fuzzy ( though hub may say otherwise). Tomorrow--- a trip to Walmart with my 88 year old mom. Theres a trip in slo mo for you!

Traces of fall include am
temps near freezing and the waking of the furnace from its summer sleep
Snow flies on Mt Washington about 25 miles away!
@ahipgma Good luck with WM. The one here is smallish but could benefit from benches now and then! I have not been post op!

No slouching on the cart!

@mainegirl1 you sound happy and on the way to feeling great! :loveshwr:
3 weeks already! Now, I just need to say this- be careful- this is the stage where we tend to over do things and pay a visit to the ODIC. :bignono:
The furnace is going? That makes me cry.. I couldn't handle that!
I had a client stop by the office today, she lives in Vermont. This was her first full summer there and she is so happy with being there. She loves the snow, too. I figure Maine is similar?

Is there a UDIC? I was tired today and fell asleep for a nap in the recliner.. Bad mistake. I woke two hours in excruciating pain all down the right leg from above the hip to toe.

It resolved when I finally got up and walking..

I have done nothing at all otherwise other than bathroom and straightening and emptying the dishwasher. This was my avoid ODIC day.

Why does this pain happen?

Hi @mainegirl1
It sounds like you were pretty productive on Sunday. Averaging 2500 steps is amazing. No repercussions with that,
I hope?
Ugh! Signs of Winter! Snow nearby! Freezing temps and the furnace running. Say it isn't so :snow plough:
Do you like Winter, mainegirl? I don't and the older I get, the more I dislike it.
Hope you've had a good day. Enjoy the evening!

Sorry our posts crossed, let me think about this one...

Has it happened more than once, mainegirl?
Did it resolve quickly after you began walking? I wonder if your leg was in an odd position while you were sleeping...if you walked it off quickly and it hasn't returned it would be hard to blame it on overactivity.

@Layla just once.. Enough hurt that I am tempted to take the recliner to Goodwill.. I can't blame any pain on overactivity... I was underactive today.

After walking I did some four steps normally without grabbing the banister.. All seems solid.. But these muscles are in revolt..

I was elevating.. Not icing but elevating..

Now sitting for more than a few minutes in any chair elicits aches.. Better get going.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties