A New Start

CRAFTLADY

Country
United States United States
Feeling nervous. Surgery less than 1 week

That week will fly by, I know it's hard but try not to be too anxious. The worries disappear the moment you wake up post op!

I'm 4 days post op today and feeling pretty good!

Everyone on here will put your mind at ease so just post any of your worries to get them out of your system, I'm so glad I found this forum, it's such a friendly supportive place to be :)

@CRAFTLADY Welcome to BoneSmart! If you read around the pre-op area you will find lots of members sharing your anxiety. Of course you are nervous. No one likes to face major surgery. But I think you will find this waiting is the hardest part of the journey.

Keep posting here - it does help ease the nerves. We are with you through this journey.

My surgery is March 22. Can u add me to your list?

I dont see a black button on my screen like u described

Which hip are you having replaced?

I fractured my left foot 5th metatarsal avulsion on Feb 9. it's a lot better but still have some pain when weight bearing. right hip scheduled to be replaced in 4 days. that will be 6 weeks after my foot injury. my question is... will the hip recovery be affected by the foot pain?

@CRAFTLADY
I expect your hip recovery might be impacted by your foot but you will manage fine.

There are a lot of us who have had surgery whilst in pain elsewhere. In my case I was struggling to walk due to a bad knee when I had hip surgery. I couldn't tell how well my hip was doing because the knee was hindering me.

2 hip replacements later, I have just had a TKR and everything seems to be going well. I hope that has given you some confidence in your own recovery.

I suspect that by the time you are ready to really start walking your foot will be in better shape. The 1st week or two is really only a bit of walking about the house generally and baby the foot as you will your hip for that period. I had a broken leg and in a full leg cast when I broke my hip. All right side - that was indeed an interference! My cousin broke her foot quite bad just before Xmas and felt a huge improvement in the lingering pain after about 6 weeks.

Hope today is a Good Day and you are all ready to get this hip recovery show on the road!:flwrysmile:

Hi, Welcome to BoneSmart. Thanks for joining us here!
It is suggested in the Recovery Guidelines that you only need to walk for 5 minutes, every couple hours
for the first week of recovery, then 5-10 minutes, every couple hrs the second week. This may be less than you're walking currently, allowing your foot a couple more weeks of healing. I think you'll do well.

Following is the Activity Progression for THR, so you can get a feel for what I talking about.
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/activity-progression-for-thrs.13187/

Wishing you comfort and peace of mind as you wait out these final days before surgery.
Hugs
@CRAFTLADY

Best Wishes for tomorrow.
I hope you get some sleep tonight.
Will look forward to your first post on the Recovery side.
You're going to LOVE the result! :happydance:
@CRAFTLADY

Normal to be nervous, it will all work out. Do all you can to make your recovery smooth and don't rush things. Might sound funny but your foot might force you to sit and relax more and that will be a good thing as recovery is a slow go as it is. Will be a good time for healing both.

:hi:Thinking of you and hoping pain is managed and perhaps you are home.
First days can be tough, but all temporary worth a great payoff.
Healing hugs @CRAFTLADY :angel:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads