THR A New Ride Begins - The Puckhead's recovery

Wow, you & coldbrew are two confidence builders for anyone wanting to continue in their sports after hip replacement!
Happy one year anniversary, I'll tell you I'm coming up on two years & it does continue to improve.
I'm back walking 4 miles a day!
Never was a hockey player (my sons were), or skier, but avid walker & so happy that's been given back to me.

And thanks puckhead for the crash pants tip. Got my own pair and took em for their maiden outing last weekend on the smallest ski hill in Tahoe. Fortunately lots of soft fresh snow on the ground (and I still remember how to snowboard) so they weren’t called into service much! Definitely helped worry a bit less though! :)

Stay frosty!

I played from late 90s till about 2019. I was on a coed team and the captain had to quit. the team sort of broke up but then most of them went to another team but I wasn't invited… I took that as a sign that perhaps it was time to retire. I was always pretty aggressive in the corners and in front of the net. But then I hit my head and had a very mild concussion and after that I was always a bit on the nervous side and that's not really good way to play hockey. Then I found out I have osteopenia and then started having the constant groin/adductor strain, got the hip x-rays, and then found out I had OA in both hips and that has led me to the anterior THR on 2/5. I think as much as I would love to be able to play again, I would probably be too nervous not just for the hip but just hurting myself in general specially with the osteopenia and I'd rather hang onto my other hip if I can. So while I am totally jealous of your getting back on the ice, at the same time I totally applaud you!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back