9 Weeks Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolward

Hi everyone

I have been keeping up with the thread discussions frequently and they have been such a help with my recovery process for my Left Patellofemoral Replacement.

I have been to see the physio today and she is very happy with my progress and doesn't need to see me for another month. I am now able to go both backwards and forwards on the stationery bike for about three minutes each way. I have found that going upstairs with my "new" knee is great but still struggle downstairs mainly because my other kneecap is full of arthritis so I am very unsteady because of that.

If anyone had asked me six weeks ago if I was going to have my right knee done I would have said a definite "no" but now I know it will be the best thing to do. The only question is when. I am thinking about late September this year.

I am now able to go on short shopping trips and day trips with my family although I do find it hard to walk on uneven grass surfaces. I am also trying to overcome the need to protect my knee by walking stiffly. Daily life is almost normal again. Pain medication is down to two to four Di-gesic a day and I just finished my last Oxycodene which I have been taking at night. Tonight will be a real test without it.

Thanks once again to everyone on this forum. I couldn't have done it without you.

Carol

Hi Carol,
I only registered yesterday but already this site is making a huge difference to me. I am at 4 weeks and was feeling pretty low, Your comments are so in tune with how I am thinking. I hope I am as positive as you in 9 weeks. Well done, keep it up.

Hi Jan,
At four weeks I was pretty low too. Everything seemed so hard and painful.
But it does get alot better. Are you on a stick or crutch or walking unaided?

I also found that between six and eight weeks I seemed to be at a standstill with 90 ROM and again feeling pretty low but between the eighth and ninth week I was able to progress to full rotations on the stationery bike. I was over the moon!
This process is full of ups and downs and I am learning to be patient with the downs and look forward to the ups.

Good luck with your recovery and I am positive that in another week you will be feeling alot better.

Carol

You couldn't have put it better, Carol! And it is very satisfying for me and for the owners to know how well this forum is meeting its objectives! 2½ years ago when it began, it was just a daydream Richard Warner had and I can tell you, he is delighted that we are reaching and helping so many people so well. Thanks for the feedback.

Carol
Congrats for 9 weeks!!! I am at 12 weeks. Isnt it great?
take care
Remember.... As you feel better, you start to do more. be careful.
chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back