THR 8th day post op - Stomach/Digestion

Hi @kristinen

Please don't try to project yourself forward that far. I'll bet you feel better a week from now!
I remember feeling a little like you are describing early on.

I'm one month out and have no complaints! I'm off all meds, not that it's necessary IF you need them, I'm driving, doing light housecleaning, laundry, meal prep. I still have a minor limp I'm working on and a little swelling and bruising around the knee of my operative leg. I've had it checked by the physician assistant twice and been reassured it's part of the process. Other than that I feel great! I'll bet you will too in a couple weeks aside from a couple minor issues you may still have. Eight or Nine days out, like you, I wouldn't have dreamed I'd feel this good in a mere few weeks. You have to hang in there.....you will too!

Possibly when your husband goes back to work it won't bother you as you are anticipating. Why not plan something ahead of time to fill the first couple days with enough company or activity to keep yourself occupied. Give yourself time to rest though too so you continue to heal. Maybe @Hippalongs advice of trying the med at a low dose will help? Or if you feel you prefer to do without in an effort to head off side effects......give it a few more days, you may decide against it.

Sitting out on the deck and short walks all sound positive. It will come, it really will. If you have time read some Bonesmart threads. It's a distraction and you'll get ideas and a different perspective along the way. I found in looking for others I could encourage, it took my focus off myself. That's just me, you need to find what works for you. Just continue to know there are people here who care.

I hope you have a relaxing weekend and continued healing.
Keep us posted.

Hi @kristinen
Wishing you a good day!
Hope you are feeling better, emotionally and physically. If hubby goes back to work tomorrow and you're having difficulty......remember we're here.
Continued healing to you.

Hi @kristinen
Wondering how your week is going.....feeling any better?

@kristinen just stopped by to say hey. How are you getting along? I see that you had a bunch of (believe me, VERY common) digestive issues, which I hope are clearing up day by day now! And the blues, oh my oh yes, we all get them, and they floor us! There is a special sticky thread up at the top of the post-op page for post-op depression. My first hip I got lucky and had a few crabby attacks. This hip is worse, for whatever reason. Up one day, down the next, see-saw. Did you try the Cymbalta, and how is it doing?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks