Lounge Doctor

THR 8 weeks post op, new to forum

OP
OP
W

WannaKayak

Country
United States United States
Thank you, Layla! I'm having a little bit of a set back after overdoing it with walking to far and/or too fast.
But the advice on this forum has encouraged me and I'm hoping to get back on track.

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Just think as a lesson learned as part of recovery. We all get carried away when feeling good after months or years of limitations. Glad to hear that you are getting back on track. Have a good day.

zauberflöte

alpha
Country
@WannaKayak aw sorry about your setback and welcome to the ODIC! (Overdid it club)

So here we have an opportunity for American contradancing. You're a caller-- I challenge you to write a no-contact dance! Shouldn't be too hard, right? And keep pairs spaced out maybe two repeats' worth somehow, so movement up the line happens half as often but very suddenly? Other possibilities could include "only dance with a 'podmate'" (no fair to singles maybe though)

Then all that has to happen is, somebody's got to buy more industrial fans for the church hall :snork: and the band/orchestra has to be down on the floor so they can separate.
I'm full of it, I am!

OP
OP
W

WannaKayak

Country
Good news! My husband, who had been PT for 45 years before retiring last year, worked on me...myofascial release, as well as releasing the periformis, IT band, rectus as well as the incision site. Woo hoo! Loosened me up a lot. Feeling optimistic today! Took a nice walk, but not as fast or as far. And icing and resting and elevating, too.

Hip4life

graduate
Country
Those hubbies do come in handy, don’t they? Lol. Good to hear. When things in the hip started to relax a bit, I really felt like I could see life in a new light and with loads of promise. The patience thing was a little harder to come by but it did pay off. Best wishes as you also exercise that patience muscle. Slow and steady.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi ya @WannaKayak
Dropping by to say Hi :wave:and wish you a Happy Three Month Anniversary!
How has your recovery been since we last heard from you? We’d love to read an update if you have time to share one. Wishing you a great weekend and all the best as you continue healing. :)

OP
OP
W

WannaKayak

Country
Thanks, Layla! Yeah, it's been a busy few weeks. I have started kayaking! Yay! I went back to tylenol and advil before bed because I wasn't sleeping well to discomfort in my right hip (where I had the THR). Last week I reached another level of mobility with less soreness. My new adventure is trying to figure out why I've been experiencing palpitations. Stress test, echocardiogram and ultrasound of thyroid scheduled this week. My husband is also healing well from triple bypass surgery. Today we pick up our camper from the shop (postponed from June) and camping for a week.
Life is more normal until I have to get down on the floor.... Thank you for checking on me. I've been thinking that I needed to get in touch with an update. I've learned to not compare day to day, but week to week.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Thanks for updating, so good to hear from you! Kayaking, wow, that’s wonderful!

Sorry to hear you’re dealing with palpitations. Hopefully you learn it’s benign and your natural heart rhythm regulates soon. I’ve read that some commonly used pain relievers can contribute to an irregular heartbeat so hopefully it’s something that simple and easily remedied.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend and best of luck with all of your tests next week.
You’re going to have so much fun camping when you go. :happydance: Stay safe, well and in touch!
@WannaKayak

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JackDaniels
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom