Lounge Doctor

THR 8 sleeps to THR

MB1956

Country
Canada Canada
Just got my date a week ago, short notice, but I was aware it was going to be the end of September. Part of me is relieved to know the date, the other part, that stops me from going to sleep and wakes me up in the night- is terrified. Part of this comes from a botched thyroid surgery (Dr has since had his license stripped) and part from a friend who had it done, and said it was a dreadful surgery, extremely painful.
I'm trying to stay positive as I believe what you think can be a big part of healing.
This forum has been encouraging to read. I've learned a lot, and I am grateful for everyone's input.

58hippain

Country
United States United States
Please don't compare this to your other surgery. You will get so much good advice on this site. I am only four weeks out today from total LHR and will be having the right done in a few weeks. My only regret is that I waited so long to have this done. Every person is different but from the time I woke up till now I experienced very little pain and was off the pain meds ten days after surgery. Stay positive do not let people scare good luck you will "rock" this surgery.

eaglemom

Country
Its totally normal to be somewhat apprehensive prior to any surgery. Right now focus on getting things set up for you in your home. Get your groceries set in place, making sure to have crackers of some sort on hand. (Some people like applesauce, etc.) You will need these at your bedside when you take your medications.

Deep breaths and you've got this. If you listen to music I've found I pop my earbuds in and can relax. Hopefully you will be able to do so also.

Eman85

supremo
Country
I've had bad doctors in the past, makes you very leery about doctors. I had to have full faith in my OS and then I was all in for the surgeries. It's no day at the beach but it's not that painful or dreadful. Bottom line the procedure and recovery are well worth the outcome.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Carolyn67
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom