Bilateral TKR 79newknees Recovery Thread

@79newknees and @InkedMarie
I have moved the above three posts from halesgirl's recovery thread, since they were taking it off topic. Her thread should be about her own recovery, not about Mary's recovery or the parrot.

Your posts in halesgirl's recovery thread, were disrupting her new thread, which should be about her own recovery.
Forum etiquette: being polite when posting

Mary, I also left a copy of your post in halesgirl's recovery thread, so she could see you wished her well, but I edited it a bit.

By the way, Eclectus is a parrot.

Just back from PT.....ROM 0--120 and 0--119, so going well,considering I don't do much exercising at home.Always very tired after PT, time for a nap.Am now taking 4mg hydromorphine x 1 daily, plus Mobic 1 twice daily, and Panadol osteo x4 daily. I hope to cut down the hydromorphine to2 mg next week.

@79newknees - Once again, I have had to move most of your post from halesgirl's thread and put it into your own thread.
Apart from the first sentence, it was essentially an update about your own recovery, information that you hadn't posted in your own recovery thread.

When you post on someone else's thread, you should concentrate on their recovery, not your own.
It's OK to tell them something like "I did so-and-so and it helped me" if you think your experience might help them, but details about your ROM and your medication regime should go in your own recovery thread. Please try to understand this.

Just in case you have problems finding your own thread, here are the instructions on how to do it, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.

Thanks @Celle I am so sorry I have done the wrong thing....I have found the various threads a bit confusing....This is probably on the wrong thread too?
@InkedMariethe parrot was photographed in a pet shop!

Last edited:
Thanks @Celle I am so sorry I have done the wrong thing....I have found the various threads a bit confusing....This is probably on the wrong thread too?
No, you're in the right place this time. This is your thread. Have you bookmarked it, so you can find it each time?

It is hard at first, but you'll soon get the hang of using BoneSmart.

We do have a section with lots of articles about "How to . . . " do various things.

It's here:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/how-to-use-this-forum.74/

@79newknees, you're doing just fine. Many people find posting on a forum like this confusing at first. You're not alone!

When I was new, I always looked for my own thread first and posted any news about me in that one. Then I would go look at other people's threads. If I clicked to the forum from an email alert, I'd go to the top of the thread and find where it says KNEE REPLACEMENT RECOVERY AREA and click on that to get to the list. Then I would find my thread.

After a while it becomes easier. :friends:

4 weeks one day post op.

Attachments

• IMG_2358.jpg
    IMG_2358.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 349
Wow, those are some really good looking scars! They look months old, just less than 1 month old!

I have been very lucky so far, but I am wondering if Voltaren gel is good for dulling the hyper sensitive area of skin surrounding the knee. Any good hints?

Two days ago I decided to give up all narcotic drugs....I feel so much better, hate the foggy tired feeling. I now take Panadol Osteo 2 three times daily, and Mobic twice daily. I take A benzodiazepan at night.
So far so good, I hope I get through the next PT OK!

Well after a stellar start, I have had a bit of a set back. Best knee suddenly became very stiff and sore and lower leg and foot swollen.Small red patch on right side of patella....not hot or anything! Missed PT then saw OS, who wasn't at all worried...said perhaps an adhesion might have come adrift! Well I had to go back to crutches for a couple of days, then have been resting and elevating....two steps forward, one back! So disappointing. I now think I am making progress, just have to be patient! Can walk again, but calf very stiff and sore...no I don't have a clot!there seems to be a bruise appearing on my ankle....perhaps I had a bleed?
I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen after week 6?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
@79newknees I’m so sorry to hear this. If your OS is ok...then I wouldn’t worry too much.

Remember it’s more of an upward moving zig zag line in stead of a straight line.

You’re doing great and will continue to do so!

Best,

L

Another setback last night...reclining on couch, suddenly unable to lift leg, managed to get to feet and then could not weight bare on that leg....crutches to bed, and this morning a bit better initially, then back to being unable to stand on it! Awaiting call from physio, as to what to do next....

I'd call my OS instead of my PT is I were you.

OS on holidays, have apt with other OS assistant (GP)

Last edited:
Let us know what he says.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom