THR 7 days post-op RTHR

Well guys, I did it. I fell and broke the femur where the implant is. I'm now laying in the hospital waiting for surgery tomorrow. This totally sucks!

Oh no! I’m so very sorry. We’ll be thinking of you and watching for an update.
I wish you peace and comfort as you’re waiting.
Hugs :console2:
@Janab1028

Everything has been ok so far. About 3 days post op I had an emotional melt down, freaked my poor hubby out! I'm not usually emotional but I felt so helpless, I just couldn't hold it in. Luckily it was a short term episode and have felt good since. I was going to try to work from home starting next week but I'm afraid I am going to push it back a little bit. I had the anterior approach and the hip itself feels great, wish I could say the same about my thigh muscles. . Sorry if I seem to be rambling, just one of those nights I can't get comfortable. Anyway, things are only going up from here!
Hello

oh I know how you are feeling , I’m having a cry every night too! I’m told this is quite normal , so don’t worry…stay off work longer , it’s very early days

Much better day/night yesterday. The Tizanidine has helped with the muscle spasms and the Norco and ibuprofen have helped with the rest of the pain. Sorry for all the negative Nancy posts. I promise I will keep them nice. I was at wits end Monday night. I was getting ready to go to the ER, that is how bad it was. Thank you all for the posts and positive thoughts. I truly appreciate each and everyone! ❤❤❤
I’m so glad you are feeling better x

@Arrangrl

Janab1028 is not feeling better. You may have missed her post above, #41, where she let us know she fell and is in the hospital waiting on surgery tomorrow.

I saw this after I had posted .. Poor thing x

@Janab1028 Sending you all the healing vibes I can muster. We are fellow June Sunbeams, so please know that I’m rooting for you to get past this ASAP.

Attachments

• 89BBF272-B58D-475B-B37A-3A1D4DEFC6E3.jpeg
    89BBF272-B58D-475B-B37A-3A1D4DEFC6E3.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 186
Thanks everyone. Pain meds are good and they are taking good care of me. No walking or even getting out of bed. Kind of sucks to spend the 4th like this but what can I do?

Quick question. It has been 17 days since my surgery and I am still not comfortable walking with a cane. Is this unusual? I am still using my walker everyday.
This is not unusual at all, I'd say your expectations for getting to the point where you use the cane only are high. I'm on the cane now and I'm a fast healer and it was Day 19 or 20 before the walker started to actually annoy me. Right up until the day that happened, I felt I couldn't get by without the walker. Now I only use the cane. Just saw you fell..so sorry. My experience with recovery from this surgery to date is that irrespective of what you want or think, recovery is going to take as long as it is going to take and you can't rush it. I am being super, super careful to avoid having a revision or an event that will set me back. I'm off the walker but if I needed to, I'd jump back on it in a heart beat if necessary.

@Janab1028 so sorry to hear about the femur break. Hopefully surgery went well today and you'll drop us an update when you're feeling up to it. :console2:

Well guys and girls. I made it through my second surgery. I have a new stem implant, rod reinforcing my femur and the fracture repair. Surgery got done late Thursday, early Friday. I have 5 or 6 incisions. Right leg is touch only, no weight bearing. I was up once yesterday. Surprising how weak my left side got during the bed rest from the 3rd through evening of the 8th. I made it through though and will probably go to rehab next week.

Hello @Janab1028
Thanks for updating! I hope your pain is well managed and you’re able to rest comfortably.
Stay in touch, we’re here for you.

Hello @Janab1028
Thanks for updating! I hope your pain is well managed and you’re able to rest comfortably.
Stay in touch, we’re here for you.
They are managing the pain well. Norco is good. Up sitting in the chair and going to be using the bedside commode. Hoping to move to rehab next week. Waiting on insurance to approve.

Was a little scared to lose the catheter, will just have to monitor my water intake. Moving around is tough with only one leg.

Here is a couple pictures of the repairs.

Attachments

• IMG_20210711_153359.jpg
    IMG_20210711_153359.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20210711_153416.jpg
    IMG_20210711_153416.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 130
Hi guys! Just checking in. Been in the rehab facility for 5 days now. Doing pretty well. Might actually earn the privilege to go to the bathroom by myself. All my bed and chair alarms are turned off. Feeling pretty good today. Had therapy already today. Just had my sponge bath with OT. Can't wait to take a real shower. Was able to wash my hair when I first got here. Other than having a little issue with an overzealous nurse thinking she knew my pain better than me. I can tolerate everything pain wise with 2 5-325 Norco every 4 hours. Now remember, it has only been a week since my surgery and the nurse thought I could get by with 1 tramadol every 6 hours. Well needless to say, I had a major meltdown when PT came to do our visit yesterday and she put that nurse in her place and got me back on the Norco. I also got back on the one Gabapentin at night to help with the nerve spasms.

Hell @Janab1028
It sounds like you’re doing well and progressing nicely aside from the incident with your meds. Woohoo, you get to go to the bathroom alone, like a big girl! This recovery can make us appreciate the little things for sure. Thanks for updating. I hope you have a pleasant weekend! :SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom