7 days and a wake-up...

kd1119

Country
United States United States
this time next week I will be somewhere in the hospital...not sure where as I don't know the surgery time yet, but somewhere...over the rainbow?
got a Donjoy ice machine on eBay this afternoon and that's the last thing on my to do list, so now it is just a matter of trying to keep myself distracted until then. I returned all my library books, but have downloaded a number of ebooks, so I should be ok.
I lied...I am waiting for an answer as to whether a local bus service can take me to and from PT which is about 10m away...my daughter and her husband will need to go back to work about the time it starts.
take care...
katie

Katie, keep yourself busy to make this last bit of waiting go faster. Do a double check to be sure you have food in the freezer, things in the pantry and everything set for your recovery nest. Have lunch with friends. Do a little "therapy shopping." Whatever floats your boat. And in no time it will be you Big Day.

Here are some articles to help you prepare for your surgery:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

g'morning and welcome to my Big Day!

surgery is this afternoon and I've been told, barring complications, I should be home tomorrow afternoon...

not sure if they remember, but about 20yrs ago the grandfather (ex's father) of my children went into the hospital for knee surgery and developed a staph infection and died there...I have not said anything to any of them, of course, and don't plan to, but it has been heavily on my mind - not for me, but for them...
life in general and medicine in particular has changed so much in the last 20yrs and I am confident of a positive outcome...

so take a deep breath and I'll see y'all on the far side of the pool...

thanks...katie

Good luck to you this afternoon, and we will soon see you on the other side. Just think, you'll soon be taking your life back, and that terrible bone-on-bone pain will be gone!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom