• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Revision TKR #7 coming up

NFenske

Country
United States United States
Hate to say it but no one wants to be in my shoes. So far I have had 18 surgeries all on the same knee 6 of which have been replacements. It seems that I need a replacement every 2 to 3 years with 1 exception. This past Friday I was kneeling on floor hooking up a computer for my daughter and when I tried to straighten my Left leg the knee locked up. This was the second time in 3 months. Unlike last time I could not get it to unlock so had to call ambulance. At ER found out I dislocated knee and it was very loose. The PA got it unlocked after sedating me and said I need to see a surgeon. Yesterday I went to see the surgeon that did #6 revision he saw the xrays from the ER examined my knee and I was given 3 choices, do nothing and hope it does not happen again, wear a brace but to me it will not fix the problem it just hides it, or replace it. The prosthetic he is going to use
www.zimmerbiomet.com/medical-professionals/limb-salvage/orthopaedic-salvage-system.html
will insure no more problems with dislocating only real issue is getting an infection. The scary part already had one infection after #4 revision which also means each time they operate the odds of getting another go up. So today I will be waiting for the phone call to find out when the surgery date is which could put a damper on the holidays. So having been thru this 6X already I know the drill before during and after all I can say is YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@NFenske you certainly have not had good luck with that knee. Hope you get that surgery date quickly. Please keep us updated!

OP
OP
N

NFenske

Country
United States United States
Not 100% sure as of yet but after seeing my surgeon yesterday its very possible I will have my 19th surgery sometime in Dec. ( waiting for the phone call ) this will also be the 7th time my Left Knee has been replaced. What is even better since I have been down this road too many times I know what to expect before during and after the surgery. Christmas could very well not be a joyful time it all depends on the exact date. Lucky me.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@NFenske - I have moved your post, above, from the December Supernovas thread, since you don't yet have a surgery date. Please let us know when a surgery date is confirmed.

The team list is primarily to allow you to see who has had, or who is having surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions must be kept in your individual threads.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LIFELADY
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom