6 week check up

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr70

Hey, I had THR on Nov 14. My 6 week check up is on 12/23. I feel like I'm doing very well. The 3 things I hope I can do are 1. get the ted hose off. 2. drive. 3. go back to work,(I teach 8th grade Social Studies.) What are my chances? I walk in the house without a cane. (use a cane on steps and in the evening when I'm tired) ???

p.s. I want to thank the people responsible for this site. IT IS TERRIFIC!

Hi KR70
Welcome to bonesmart. I had a right hip replacement on June 6th.
It is a wonderful site.
At my 6 week apt my doc told me I could drive. As far as going back to work, I can not really give any guidance. I was actually fired from my special ed teaching job while on medical leave. At 3 months I was back to doing everything I wanted to (except running). I suggest from reading other's posts that you should take as much time as you can . It is major surgery and you will be tired.
Another great plan from Jo, our wonderful nurse, is to make it a graduated return from part time to full time over a few weeks.

For now, keep resting!!!
Judy

Hi kr70,
I had THR left hand side 7 weeks ago and had my 6 week check up a week ago. The stockings are off, I'm driving again, and I've started back at work (short days to begin with this side of the New Year)! So I would think you will also get the green light for all of the above! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)
I just have to say that having the THR after 3 years of constant pain has been the best thing I've EVER done! Most days I can't get the grin off my face! At the age of 49 I feel like I have been given a "second chance" at life! Looking forward to having my right hip replaced in 2009. I wish I had discovered this forum BEFORE my surgery - it's very reassuring to read of others going through exactly what I have been! Good luck!

Welcome to BoneSmart, both of you. It's good to hear you're doing so well. kr70, Peta's comments are correct. Good wishes to you for the 23rd.

kr70...Hi. I went back to work at 6 weeks. I am a principal on assignment. It means I'm at the district office and travel from school to school. I also do home visits to students not attending school. I did fine. My only advice to you is to take it easy. I found I tired easily. Vary the amount of time you sit or stand. I found if I did either for too long that I would then "feel it."

Happy Holidays!

~Carol

Had my check-up today! ted hose gone, can drive and go back to work on 1/5! saw the x-ray of my hip. It is amazing! Have to take an antibiotic before going to the dentist. I still have to be careful and I go back on 2/16.. Happy Holidays everyone!

Glad to hear it all went as you'd hoped kr70 - have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year! I feel like I've already received the best Christmas present EVER and I'm sure you feel the same way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member