Lounge Doctor

TKR 6/3 new date, what's it like with the new restrictions

Nelly

Country
United States United States
I'm having a RTKR on 6/3 rescheduled from 4/3. I'm wondering what changes were implemented by the hospital or what should I look out for.

lovetocookandsew

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I don't know what new changes have been made lately, but I think I'd ask your doctor, his staff, or the hospital personnel, what new changes/procedures are in place. Then you'll know more about what to expect and be more comfortable having the knowledge.

StvsHope

Country
My second knee replacement was just scheduled for next Friday. My first was in early February right before Covid. Here in WI hospitals haven’t come close to being overwhelmed and elective surgeries are starting up slowly. The only differences that I have been informed of are 1) wearing a mask to my pre-op appt, 2) needing a covid test two days before and 3) only having one visitor in the hospital. Of course that’s here.

SpaceGirl

senior
Country
Here locally right now, covid testing prior, masks required and they just recently said 1 visitor so I hope that continues so my husband can come with me.

OP
OP
N

Nelly

Country
Yes I was told COVID testing but nothing else. I know mask is required but I guess I'll find out more on Thursday at Pre-op.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I think you will find teams have a very strict procedure and they are sticking to it. Pre-op testing and making sure you are safe through the whole journey. Ask questions if in doubt!

napper

Country
My second knee replacement was just scheduled for next Friday. My first was in early February right before Covid. Here in WI hospitals haven’t come close to being overwhelmed and elective surgeries are starting up slowly. The only differences that I have been informed of are 1) wearing a mask to my pre-op appt, 2) needing a covid test two days before and 3) only having one visitor in the hospital. Of course that’s here.
You had your FIRST knee replacement in Feb and you're having a second next Friday? That's so quick! I'm having my fourth knee surgery, second revision July 15. That's four surgeries in five years, but they were a year apart. I couldn't imagine doing another so quick!

StvsHope

Country
Well by the time I got in to see a surgeon they found I had both knees with severe osteoarthritis. And I’m ready to walk through the school halls without counting every painful step. So my personal goal was to get them both done and go back with this behind me in the fall. But four surgeries in five years?! You are tough! I’m in awe!

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
IanOS
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom