THR ????

blank13

Country
United States United States
Full hip replacement on March 18 2020 in Bakersfield , Ca. Nervous & need to lose some weight , other than that it's all a pain in my hip...

@blank13 :wave: and welcome to Bone Smart! Can I ask which hip you're having replaced, we'll get it added to your signature. We're all nervous before the surgery, you've got a date so you're moving in the right direction.

Going to leave you some info that might be helpful. Even though you've already made the decision to have the surgery I'm still going to leave you some of the links for folks that are still trying to decide as I think it might be informative.

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic hip?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Hi @blank13 and :welome: to Bonesmart.
I learned I needed both hips replaced due to endstage osteoarthritis at the age of 53 and had bilateral hip replacement.
Nervous wasn't the word I used...I think I said "mortified ":) :-) (:
Thankfully I found this site and the advice and support from those who have limped the limp and gone on to walk the walk of recovery helped allay so many of my fears.:yes:
I got my full active life back by getting new hips, so try to replace some of the anxiousness with excitement that this surgery will get you back to healthy and happy.:happydance:

I totally agree with both posts above. We were all apprehensive to put it mildly. Now looking back, my recovery went faster and was easier than I had anticipated plus I totally lost all that hip pain. I could once again walk and move about pain free which felt like a miracle. You, too, will soon have your life back. You are lucky to have found this website before your surgery as the help, advice and support on here is wonderful. I’m not sure what I would have done without BoneSmart members there to offer encouragement and support. Be sure to ask any questions you might have as I’m sure someone will have an answer. I wish you well.

Yep, my hand is up...I was a scaredy cat also. :bolt:
You'll get through it though and we'll try to help in any way we're able.
Welcome to BoneSmart, thanks for joining us. Stick with us, you'll find lots of comfort here. :)
@blank13

Welcome! When you read through different member's threads, there is a little feature in the top right corner of each box, looks like a banner next the the page number of the post. That is a bookmark.

I bookmarked ideas I thought would work for me from fellow members, so I had information in one spot and started gathering the tools I needed for recovery. Using some early, such as the sock device, helped me have less irritation to the joint before surgery. It made it easier, when I got home from surgery, to already know how to use things.
@blank13

Hello @blank13
Sending best wishes for your surgery tomorrow and wishing you comfort as you wait.
Will look forward to following your recovery journey. See you on the healing side soon! :wave:

Good luck tomorrow! Soon the waiting will be over and you will be on the recovery side. It's so bright and sunny on the recovery side! :heehee:

Best wishes for your surgery and recovery. Hope to see you posting on the recovery side soon. No more hip pain - such a wonderful feeling.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, look forward to seeing you on the healing side.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom