Revision THR 55 male cyclist 2019 October Revision THR

Hi Corey,
Sorry to hear you’re having to go through this again x.
I have had LTHR in December and followed the exact advice on here and was back to work in 10 weeks with a pain free hip and successful recovery. I did no PT and just did walking!!! I must Say I’m almost whincing at the idea of doing all the exercise you’ve been doing (those muscles oooooh sore).
I’m on recovery from the other hip and yet again ..... no PT and at present ~500 steps daily on two crutches (planning to slowly go to one this week). I’m doing exactly the same for this hip as my last one x and am pain free.
very best of luck x.

Last edited:
My recovery should be about the same so I hope to be back in action 6-8 weeks after.

Back in action....how so? I worry about you pushing it.

Be honest...Can you really live by rough guidelines like the Activity Progression For THR?

Wishing you comfort as you await Tuesday :)

All the best to you tomorrow, Corey.
Let us know how you're doing once you're back home and resting comfortably.
Wishing you peace and comfort.
@Corey W

Wishing you the best possible outcome, Corey. I too had a loose femoral stem, but it became an obvious problem only after 10 years. One possible cause was that the original stem was too small. My revised hip feels more natural and comfortable than the first one ever did. I have very long legs with an inseam length of 33". The longer revision stem seems to suit me just fine. I'm at 9 months post surgery and doing great. Thinking about you and looking forward to reading your new recovery story. Revisions rock!

Best of luck for today and lets hope the longer stem solves the problem. Ps I have a long stem and the posterior op and am now recovering well

:wave: @Corey W
I know this has to be nerve wracking and having to go through another recovery process was not on your list of things to be doing.
We will be looking for you and happy to see this forever hip done and dusted.

Healing vibes coming your way.

Hey Corey, :wave:
Hi and a Happy Wednesday to you!
Hope things are going well for you these last couple days.
With any luck you're home resting comfortably and chillin of course :ice:
Hope to hear from you soon!
@Corey W

:wave:@Corey W
Hope your pain is well managed and you are home by now.
Healing vibes coming your way.:yes:

Thanks to all for the well wishes. The revision is in, but unfortunately they found fluid with elevated blood counts in the hip. I am in the hospital for another 2 days while they run cultures. Either way when I leave here the Dr wants me to have an IV antibiotic for the first 4 weeks. I have walked with crutches up and down the hospital hall a total of three times. I am taking oxy every 4-5 hours and mostly sleeping. This is all going to be a distant memory soon as long as they can keep the new implant uninfected. If is is infected I'll be in line for a couple more hip surgeries and a seriously limited lifestyle. Please send positive vibes and prayers, but dont feel sorry for me.....many people deal with far worse situations. I'll update in a few days or so. :meow:

:praying: and loads of healing vibes coming your way.
Try not to project (easy for me to say, I know) as stress is horrid for our immune systems.
I will be looking for your updates @Corey W

My heart goes out to you, Corey. You're right, many have it worse but you're still dealing with unfavorable circumstances, which are cause for concern and could potentially alter your recovery. Doesn't mean it's a hurdle you can't jump, because you can. I will remember you in prayer for the best possible outcome giving you the green light to move forward without complication. We're here for you. Wishing you comfort and peace of mind. Please stay in touch.
@Corey W

Ah, Corey, that was some tough news about the blood counts, but as others have said, you have the right attitude to get through whatever comes next. Good to hear the docs are aggressively addressing the situation. We will be looking for your updates. Sending healing thoughts your way.

@Corey W Hey Corey so sorry to read about the complication, I hope things get sorted very quickly for you. With your positive attitude and pre-operation fitness levels I hope it's just a minor bump in the road to full recovery.

@Corey W Thinking about you. Glad the surgery was a success, and hoping the IV antibiotics do the trick. You have the right attitude taking one day at a time. I know it’s a huge pivot, not to be active for a while, and to be mostly indoors. Hoping you can find some new indoor goals to pass this important healing time.

@Corey W Sounds like the doc is on top of this, hopefully the antibiotics do their stuff and that there's no infection or need for further surgery. Keep up the great attitude and try to keep exercising that patience muscle.
:angel:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member