4 Weeks PostOp Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaleMc

Country
United States United States
Well, it has been a long 4 weeks today and everything is going forward great except my ROM. I meet with my doc tomorrow to see if he wants to do the forced manipulation. My range last Friday was 97 and today it went back to 93. Will see what he has to say tomorrow and go from there. They had me walking over cups without my cane today. Said I need to practice more without the cane and get my stride back. I have been favoring my left knee after surgery and now need to get it back to normal.

Dale

Hi Dale

4 weeks doesn't seem very long to be considering an MUA. I have just had one after 6 months. I to was only at 93. I am still only at 97 with my PT pushing it. Sue

Dale,
I am 4.5 weeks post op myself with BTKR on 6/18. At 4 weeks I think 90 is good! My PT said I was way ahead in my ROM when my incisions split in both knees. I took a week off (at week 3) of PT and worked on balance, my heel and toe strike while walking, and allowing my incisions to heal with additional steri-strips.
I saw the OS and he was thrilled with my x-rays, ROM and told me to allow an additional week to heal the incisions in each knee. Thus I have no PT this week. I have been walking without crutches or cane for 2 weeks. I even walk outside on the uneven grass in the yard. I am now adding Polysporin to my incisions where they are healed and am massaging them to make them level and even. My ROM on Friday last week was 110 with each leg when I saw the PT. So, with the rest of not pushing my quads with the total gym and the stationary bike, I am still doing well with working with my quads with other exercises that do not effect the ROM and manipulating my knee caps. There is always something that can be done within the parameters of the PT.
I would work on your exercises sliding your foot away from the wall while sitting in a chair with your knees close to the wall. This will increase your ROM too. I do use the brazilian Football that is recommended in the "Bible" Total Knee Replacement and Rehabilitation book.
Good Luck to you!
Best,
Crystal

My doctor visit is at the request of the pt. They felt since I only get 25 visits because of insurance they didn't want me to get to far along and run out of pt then have it decided I need the manipulation. They discussed this with the doctor and so I guess I will see what he has to say tomorrow.

Dale,
Best of luck with your OS tomorrow. Hopefully you won't have to have a
MUA done. I am 2 and 1/2 weeks post-op and am at 95 degrees on the CPM and am able to flex 90 degrees by myself. Hopefully all will work out well.

Its 4 weeks for me today too. I have my 4 wk postop tomorrow. My ROM isn't much more than 92 but they haven't said anything about it. I am trying to get to the gym to use the bike there because I know that it helps even though it hurts like @#$%!

I am really stiff in the morning and have found a hot bath first thing to be most helpful. I practice straightening and bending there in the hot water. After I get out I do the strengthening exercises and ice it down.

Keep us updated on what your OS says, K?

Annette

Well, I just met with my OS and he said he was totally satisfied with my progress. He said my ROM before surgery was 85 to 90 and since I was hitting 95 to 97 I was ahead of the game. He wasn't too concerned and was going to talk to the pt'ers and let them know what he was looking for and that was continued forward progress but not to be concerned with ROM. He wanted them to get as much as they could but they have already exceeded what he felt I would be getting so anymore would be a plus. He felt I would eventually hit around 100 to 105 but that would be after 4 or 5 months, not now. So I left there with him telling me to just continue doing what I was doing and everything would be okay.

Dale

That is good news Dale!!
I go to my OS Thursday and I am hope he will be satisfied with my progress. I am at 95 on the CPM and yesterday I flexed to 90 at PT.
I will be 3 weeks post op on Thursday. I am still getting over a rough day at pt yesterday so I hope PT tomorrow won't wear me out for Thursday.
My appt is not until 2 pm so I will probably just take it easy and ice all morning.

You guys are doing great...You'll be running through Wal Mart before you know it!!

I agree. I think you guys are all doing very well. I'm at 5 weeks and barely making 90 ROM, and believe me, it's not for lack of trying! Keep up the good work. As for me, I am "scootering" through WalMart! Those scooters are a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom