THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

It should heal OK as long as it's not displaced.
Since your surgeon thinks it will heal without intervention, the fractured part of your trochanter is probably not displaced.

Makes me paranoid to move! I imagine that it has already started to heal as bones do but now I grip the walker so hard and tight that all the muscles around the armpit area and breast have pulled and ache and yesterday when I coughed something ripped. I could feel it in the breastbone behind the breast so now I think i ripped or pulled something. to cough or sneeze or move certain ways is agony, I have to say SERIOUSLY 2020..why?!

@angelw
Please try not to worry.
And I know you are scared as thinking of putting weight on a fracture is scary sounding.:unsure:
But studies show, as Celle mentioned, if there is no displacement...try not to "levitate" on the walker, relax...bear weight as feels comfortable as this can actually stimulate healing and fortify the soft tissue and musculature around it.
Rest and ice and gingerly walk.
If there is any escalation in discomfort with this, consider contacting your OS again with an update on your status.
Fractures will heal.
Hugsxxxx

Thank you so much. Just so scared with every little ache and tweak now each time I get up and down and especially getting in and out of bed. I cannot seem to get up without everything pulling because now because I am not supposed to slide the leg to the side. I try to pull up with my arms and lift my but to scooch to the side and then try to turn both legs and lift myself up and immediately I feel a pain or pull like I did when it happened; I was getting out of bed. I am just a mess and now feel like the ache I feel under my buttock is a problem and the stab that feels like sciatica shoots up the side of that area too. I had no pains before so now how do I know what is normal and what is not..I am a mess :sad: :sad:

I'm so sorry...the pain in the patootie is rather common....and I sure hope you are still icing regularly :ice:
I certainly was still dealing with all sorts of travelling aches and pains.:sigh:
You certainly know your body best so if you feel that things are not improving when you are doing the minimum, and following guidelines ... Bug your OS's care team again.
It is still early days and even when all seems on the upswing, it isn't uncommon to feel things going a bit sideways.
Hope you can get some rest and hope tomorrow will be a better day.

I have been a wreck and am terrified every step I take and each time I get up or down and especially when I get in and out of bed. Getting out is how this happened. I cannot figure out how to get out without sliding this leg to the side which is a no no.as I pull my butt up am try to move to the side of the bed I feel those glute muscles pull and right under the buttock it aches so I feel I am pulling something out of place. I am a mess :sad: I am a mess. now when I get up and down I have a pinching and a little burning on the side near my scar. I have to keep saying I had surgery so some of this must be normal healing. How would I know though? I have been waiting all day for the doctor to call me back so I could ask a couple of questions that I was to nervous at the time to think of but it is after 7p and still nothing.

Please try not to stress. This will get better. I am sorry for the anxiety you’re dealing with and the pain you’re suffering. I hope you’re icing (all areas of discomfort) as it will help with pain and swelling. Ice for no less than 45 minutes several times per day always placing fabric between your skin and the ice source.

Is it possible for you to slip a plastic garbage bag underneath your rear, or for someone to help you do so, if you’re not living alone? Doing so may help you slide with more ease to the edge of the bed without the friction between the sheets and your pajamas. It will also allow you to swivel into the position you need to be in to sit up and get out of bed.

If your surgeon hasn’t called you back yet, I’d suggest you write down all of your questions and leave room after each question to quickly jot down the answers you receive for reference later. Don’t let the call end until you are satisfied you had all of your questions answered and have a full understanding of what your surgeon said.

Wishing you comfort and peace of mind. I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. I hope the sweet memories you hold in your heart bring you comfort in the weeks and months ahead. :console2:
@angelw

Any updates Angelw?
Been reading your situation since December. Sounds identical to me but my OS has not returned my calls. Hang in there.

Hello @angelw
We haven’t heard from you in almost a month. It’s a special day...Happy Two Month Anniversary! I hope you’re doing well, feeling less anxious and enjoying steady progress. We’d love to hear from you as time allows. Until then....all the best! :)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom