4 Month Anniversary, Still painful on outside of knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffodill1

senior
Country
United States United States

As most of you know, on Sept 26th, I went to PT and the therapist decided to push my leg from 90 degrees to 105. Pain was too terrible for words. Anyway, went to see PA, then to OS, who was very very nice to me, and I was told that basically the therapist did a manipulation on me. :shk: And if i remember correctly OS said it set me back about 8 weeks..Anyway, that was 2 months ago, and the only thing that has changed is that I do ride my bike several times a day, with no problem whatsoever. But when it comes to walking, the outside of knee feels like a match has been put against it. All down the side hurts, and after doing days of research, the issue seems to be that he overstretched my ligament there.

No pain when sitting down, nor when riding recumbent bike, but walking is a different story. Sometime I can feel little squiggles of liquid sliding down the inside of my knee, weird feeling, must be cysts or something, but it just trickles down. Outside of knee prevents the rest of knee from working properly.
I go back to OS the 6th, but am goin to try to get in earlier. The leg cannot support weight nor can it bend enough to put on jeans, socks, etc.
Anyone else going thru this?

Marg,
Pain just wears a person out. I am glad that you are going in to see yur OS again. The leg being unable to support your weight does not sound good. So getting it checked out is the right thing to do.

Sometimes I feel as if everything that can go wrong is going wrong. My body and my mind are totally worn out, it is the Holidays, I really expected to be dancing and shopping and enjoying life, but of course we cannot control anything in our lives.
I lost one of my doxies, Sammie, the one that had encephalitis, and took chemo every 3 weeks, a week ago Thanksgiving. I held her until she took her last breath, her pain was my pain, she was the one that laid beside me in bed, so tight and close it was hard to know where one of us ended and the other began. She just wanted to be with me 24/7, she felt it was her job to take care of me the only way she knew how, and that was just being by my side. We had to make the decision when she got so sick and started going downhill fast. After being told 2 years ago that her expected life span would be 6 months on this treatment, she showed everyone that she was a fighter. I believe that she lived long enough to get me thru the roughest part of my journey, and I will forever be grateful to her. I threw 3 urns to choose one for her, even tho I should not have been standing up, but it was something I needed to do. I miss her every day, and I know that this is playing a huge part on my mental ability to fight off this episode of yet another day in the life of a tkr survivor. I am attaching a pic of her in my arms the last nite she was with us. Not to be dwelling, but just to show you how much she loved me, and helped me for so many weeks.

On a different topic, I have found some sites that talk about the tendons and ligaments on the sides of your knees, and the kind of things that can cause the ligaments to be overstretched and ruptured, and one of them is forcefully making the lower leg come in towards your butt (leg slide). It can cause the ligament to become overextended, and in some cases, cause small tears in it that will eventually cause the ligament to come unattached in places. Both sides of my knee hurt, but the major pain is in the outside. Lower leg aches, patella is not sliding properly unless i am in a certain position leg wont bend at all.
So I will once again, go to my OS and this time I will tell him that I am requesting an MRI, at their expense, not mine, to show what if anything has happened. I hope and pray I am wrong, but something is the culprit, and dammit, it needs to be dealt with NOW, not 3 months from now.

Attachments

• sammieslastnite.jpg
    sammieslastnite.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member