Revision THR 3rd time - doing well!

Good Afternoon! I hope you're having a good day.
Thanks for your update and kind words for BoneSmart. Sorry you're getting the run around from the hospital. Hopefully you hear from them soon.
Wishing you all the best going forward.
Please stay in touch, we'd love to follow your progress. :)

Hey @RobertHip1
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Wondering if you ever made a connection and were able to see your surgeon for your six week post op? Hopefully so. With any luck all is going well, you're noticing weekly progress and happily moving forward. Leave an update next time you stop by, we'd love to hear from you.
Until then....all the best to you!

Last edited:
Hi @Layla, three months over and still waiting for my 6 week checkup! Latest is that the surgeon will see me in the first week of December! Also the surgeon will not be the same surgeon that performed the revision operation but will be the surgeon that performed the original surgery that went wrong. Anyway all that said it feels really good thanks for asking.

Wow, three months out and you still haven't had an initial check up?! I'm not really familiar with how your system works there but that seems like quite a long wait. And then to not be seeing the surgeon that did the revision, think I would have a big issue with that. Again, not sure if this is the norm or not.

I'm glad to hear you're at least feeling good and wish you luck at eventually getting an appointment. :fingersx:

@RobertHip1 That's a real shame about your having to wait like this. Thankfully you are feeling good.. hopefully this is a case of no news is good news.

Good luck with your follow up appointment!

That's unbelievable! You're not scheduled for your six week post op appt until you're four months post op from a revision? That doesn't seem right. Then you're not even going to see your surgeon? Thankfully you're doing well and not having any problems. Can you get on a cancelation list?
Hope all continues to go well for you. Please let us know how your appointment goes.
Until then....all the best to you. :)
@RobertHip1

Thank you very much for all your support@Layla. You are doing a wonderful job ☺️

:fingersx: Fingers crossed you’ll see our best wishes for you on this special day.
HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
All the best to you going forward! :) :-) (:
@RobertHip1

So its over a year since my third hip replacement. I have to say that it is incredible. I have no pain, can jog miles and have won my club doubles tennis tournament. So there is hope even when things go terribly wrong like my story.

:wave: @RobertHip1
So happy to hear from you and hear how great you are doing.:tennis:

A moderator will be moving your post to a post op thread...perhaps you have thoughts for a thread title...Successful Revision ?
I hope you will be able to at least come back and give some insight into your recovery and what they did to get you fixed up.
Will be certainly an inspiration to those facing a revision.
I'm sure you had some trying times in those early days, but I'm ever so happy that you are back to life in a big way.:tada:

I also admire your bravery.
Jogging and tennis seem like higher impact activities that would have made me nervous still at one year out...

Please feel free to elaborate on your story. Glad you took the time to update.

Hello @RobertHip1 - and :welome:back.

I've merged your new thread with your original thread for this third hip replacement, as it completes the story nicely and we do prefer members to have only one thread for each surgery.

I'm really glad to read that you have such a good result from this THR revision. :yes!: :yay::yay:

What a wonderful update! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your great progress. Wishing you many, many years of an active life with that newish hope.
Take Care, be safe, stay well!
@RobertHip1

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back