Reverse Shoulder Replacement 3rd time lucky

Hopeful Manch

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all 9Aug that is the date for my reverse shoulder operation, and will be the 3rd attempt, carn’t really blame the surgical team for the last one which “didn’t “ go ahead I was in the side ward a canula in , I was on a drip been waiting 4 hours then the surgical team walked in looking quite serious then the surgeon spoke ( it was Tuesday 19th of July the hottest day for decades ) he said “ during the last operation a couple of the members of my surgical team started to sweat because the temperature in the theatre was to high so unfortunately your operation has to be cancelled because we Don’t want Any cross contamination. What could I say ?? Nothing I couldn’t get any words out I have been waiting 2 years , the waiting has been that long my other shoulder is aching I think because it’s taking a lot of the strain from my Bad shoulder . Has anyone else had this ? I hope my other shoulder will go back to normal after my operation, should it go ahead because I’m getting stressed I’m taking too many pain killers I just HOPE it’s 3rd time lucky .
Bless you all and hope YOU get Your surgery early.

Jaycey

ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Hopeful Manch Congratulations on getting a new date for your op. I am sure it was a major disappointment to have your op cancelled on the day. But your surgeon obviously wanted what is best for you.

Our shoulder forum is really growing fast. Lots of happy members post op. I'm sure they will be along soon to give you input.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Catmommy
Recent bookmarks