Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR 33 constant pain

DustyD

Country
United States United States
I just joined and wanted to ask a few questions, I’m 33 and have been told by multiple drs that I need a knee replacement but I’m to young. When I was 22 I wrecked a motorcycle and folded my leg sideways fully tearing my ACL and doing significant damage to my lcl and mcl. In the hospital they popped my knee back into place. A few months later I found a dr to replace my acl and I have been in brace since. 11 years later and My leg has a significant and noticeable curve to it I’ve been bone on bone for years now. Due to that it has started to wreck my lower back and putting more stress on my good leg. How do I go about finding a dr who will do more then tell me more then I need to suck it up and live with what I have.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@DustyD Welcome to BoneSmart! The idea that you are too young for TKR is very old school. What you need to do is find a surgeon whose specialty is younger patients.

If you can tell us where you are located in the US and what hospital is near you we might be able to help you find someone. It would also be helpful to tell us what surgeon you saw previously. You need to see someone with no connection to that surgeon.

SpaceGirl

Country
I had my first done at 40, so I don't think you're too young, my problem was finding a reg medical dr who actually listened to me about my knees (tried for 10 years or more) and was told I had arthritis at 20 years old. My OS, as soon as he saw the xrays said I needed both done. Keep looking, there are surgeons who will do it.

OP
OP
D

DustyD

Country
@Jaycey the nearest medical center is in Boise Idaho. The last surgeon I seen was menzner later I found out he has quite the reputation after going in for a shot in my knee at my usual clinic.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Where did you see Menzner? And how far can you travel? Have you used our Surgeon Locator (top blue bar)?

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
VSing
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom