Lounge Doctor

TKR 3 Weeks tomorrow....

OP
OP
C

Cass1e

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
All admitted and ready to go. Second on this mornings list. Hoping to get to post-op side shortly.
Met my physio, he’s all for slow and steady+he’s quite happy for me to go it alone if I fancy. See him tomorrow, hope his “slow and steady” is the same as mine!

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
You finally on your way! :yes!: See you on the other side soon!

OP
OP
C

Cass1e

Country
Thanks so much for all your support and reading material, I’m finally crossing to the “other side”. Xxx

OP
OP
C

Cass1e

Country
Just popping back over to this side to send my thoughts to anyone waiting for that second knee surgery.
No-one could have been more worried than me, the thought of going through all that again and was my knee so bad to really warrant that?
Now, 4 weeks later, I am still having trouble believing mine is all done and dusted and am looking forward to getting my life back.
This knee,(my left one) has troubled me for years and years, so I was expecting a tough recovery, as x-rays were showing bone on bone and it was keeping me awake at night.
Honestly, it all has gone SO well, I knew what to expect, pain was better managed, I am far more mobile and more optimistic too.
I stuck to my decision of no physio and just carried on in my own sweet way. The best words I heard were from my surgeon telling nursing staff “let her get on with it, she knows what she’s doing”. Honestly I could have kissed him!
After two weeks at home I’ve been out in the car, walked round the supermarket, eaten out in restaurants, even stood in a queue for a few minutes(that was a definite NO before surgery)
I hope this doesn’t sound like boasting, I am just so thrilled. There have been hard times, nausea, restless legs and family expectations. But I handled it last time and can do so again.
I’ve been wanting to write this for so long, but was nervous about “tempting fate” but just to say good luck to everyone still waiting and hoping for a good recovery for all xxx

BarabooProud

Country
United States United States
So happy for you! I had my surgery on the same day and you are much further ahead than me. I started with pretty extreme pain and I don't think it was managed well enough. I'm still having low stamina, so the thought of going to the grocery store is not too enticing. I feel like I elevate and ice all day except for my exercises. I've been trying to wean off of oxycodone and my body went through some withdrawal symptoms that were not fun for a few days (felt achy and flu-like). I think my challenge is that at the time of surgery, I had no pain. My pain would come and go, but my gait was awkward and I was hobbling a lot. I was worried I would damage other muscles, tendons, joints if I didn't get it done. So, going from no pain to this level of pain has been tough! Don't get me wrong. My progress is excellent according to the doctor and PT. I'm glad I did the surgery as long as everything goes well. It's just been tough. Looking forward to going for a walk with my dog someday!

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
lit1066
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom