Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

THR 3 weeks out

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
@Suesf88 I am so glad that you found this forum.. it has to be so reassuring for you to read about other's experiences and to realize you just needed to rest, ice and elevate and heal. Club ODIC isn't very selective about pulling new members in.
It's a tightrope to walk, staying on track and not pushing things too soon.. but the good news is that you are already feeling some improvement. :loveshwr:

I hope your appointment went well today.

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Hello @Suesf88 Hope your follow up appointment went well. Just wanted to say hello and wish you an easy road to recovery. Take it easy. I am independent too, but now is the time to be patient with your body while many things are being knit back together in there.
Best wishes. :flwrysmile:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi Sue,
Wondering how your post op appointment went? I hope well and you left the office with a smile on your face and hop in your step. Well...a hop may be pushing it :heehee: With any luck it wasn’t canceled and was all good news. Happy One Month Anniversary!
Take care to stay safe and well.:)
@Suesf88

OP
OP
Suesf88

Suesf88

Country
My appointment went well!! Thank you!! Weening off my cane a little at a time. This is week 5! Stiff in the am or if I sit too long but otherwise feels good!! Can’t wait to get on my elliptical!! Does anyone know when you can use elliptical? I had posterior replacement.

FCBayern

graduate
Country
Probably nothing to stop you @Suesf88 but take it slow and easy. You are at a prime time to join the OIDIC (over did it club) your hip won't complain at the time but that night or the next day! :yikes: :no-fin:

GrannyC

post-grad
Country
If it were me, I’d out in a call to my OS office and ask that question. Different surgeons seem to offer different advice, even with the same surgical approach. I had anterior also and had no restrictions other than no bungee jumping. But I’ve seen others say they were recommended not to do certain things. Once they ok for you to give it a try, make sure you go very slow and for a short time to start. It sounds like you’re doing great and I’m sure you feel ready to increase your activity. Sending good wishes your way...

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello and Happy Friday!
Great news that your appointment went well. It’s a good feeling to know that you're on track.

I agree with GrannyC that it’s best to check with your surgeons office in regard to using the elliptical. I’m sure someone on his team will know your OS’s recommended timeline in regard to starting back on gym equipment.

Be safe, stay well and have a lovely Easter weekend!
@Suesf88

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Happy Two Month Anniversary! :yay:
How is your recovery coming along? We’d love to hear if you care to share.
Hope to hear from you soon. Enjoy the week! :)
@Suesf88

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
RAS1121
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom