3 months update and limp is almost gone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungM

graduate
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to write a quick update on my progress and how I've been feeling. I'm at the 3 month mark now. I know we all say this over and over, but it really is amazing how time and therapy heal you!

Let's see -I'm in a wedding this weekend and have to wear heels! I was getting so nervous about it prior to surgery. The past couple weeks I actually wore heels to practice in (nothing too high) and I did fine!

My limp is almost completely gone. I NEVER thought I would feel straight again. I went to Atlantic City this past weekend and was walking all around. The same day, I went to the gym and did 30 min on the elliptical machine. The next day I woke up in NO PAIN! It was the best feeling!!!!!!

Of course, I will take it easy because I do want my hip to last as long as possible. However, it's so nice to have my life back and to do things without knowing the inevitable pain will follow.

I stopped going to PT and started back at the gym now. Work is very busy right now, I feel like I'm not getting in enough exercising as I should. I just need to find the time and motivation to keep up with going to the gym! :sigh:

I can't keep up with the board anymore because I miss so much throughout the day. However, I do try to read the posts when I can.

Miss you all and hope everyone is doing well. Thank you again for all being there for me! :wahey:

Re: Recovery Update -3 Months!!

Well Melissa I am am happy for you. I dont think I had a doubt, I knew you would be fine. Seems like you are almost back to normal , thats what we did it for right....Im sure you will be fine in your shoes, have fun...Please let us know how it goes, if you get a chance , but I do understand. That is the point , get better and do the things we couldnt before, Thanks for posting, that is terrific news....

It's so great to hear you are doing this well, Melissa. You know all us gals have just adopted you, so you have to at least check in on holidays and Mother's Day :D....

But in between, go out there and enjoy every minute of your life, hon!! You deserve it!

((((HUGS))))

What a wonderful post, Melissa! You are a true inspiration! I am so glad you have gotten back to your real life,,,,,,that' what it's ALL about! I never had a doubt how fast you'd get back! Give Emma the biggest hug from me!!!! And thanks so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it!!!

Melissa, :yrk:!!! So happy you are doing so well! (But I never had any doubt that you wouldn't!:p) We miss you :cry:, but are so glad you are moving on with your life!:thmb:

Melissa,
I remember when you first posted I am so glad you are well into healing and on your way to a great pain free life. We'll be glad to hear from you whenever you can.
judy:thmb:

Great news Melissa.

Melissa - I've edited the title of this thread because I think it's too important to be left in the middle of your post. YOUR LIMP IS ALMOST GONE!! Woweee! That will be such good news for all hippies. Well done you!

Fantastic Melissa !!
It's great to hear that you are soooo busy just living your life.
I am sure that is what we are all working towards, and to hear of others' success just drives us all on!

Thank you

Regards
Andy

I wanted to chime in Melissa to congratulate you on your progress. I still check in but understand not being able to keep up as life takes over.

Didn't you teach a dance or pilates class? Something like that--if so, will you be going back to it?

HAve a great day.

Laurie

Toldya, Meliss! I am so proud of you!!! Boy are you going to enjoy your vacation!!! Couldn't be happier for you! And Emma will really enjoy every walking moment!!! :)

Hey Laurie -yes, I used to teach both dance and pilates. I will probably get back into teaching pilates again -I want to allow myself to recovery fully though first. But it's on my to do list! :)

Thanks Judles!!! Hope you are hanging in there :)

It's been sad times......trying to keep it together! It's NOT easy!

i'm so glad i'd been wondering how you were doing. it doesnt seem so long. i''m truly glad your too busy, i hope to be there soon.
wishing you the very best
monique

Hi
I`m really pleased that things are going well for you.:thmb:
I thought my limp was improving until I saw a colleague at work yesterday for the first time since my op, and she said `why are you waddling!!!`:sct: More exercises etc.. I think!!!!
Nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back