TKR 3 months post op today and doing great

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndas444

It is 3 months today since my total knee replacement and correction of valgus deformity (leg straightening) and I've had very good success.
I was off regular pain relief at 2 weeks post op and just took the occasional Panadols after that or an anti inflammatory if I overdid the exercise occasionally.
After one month I was walking 30 minutes with one crutch. By 6 weeks post op I was comfortable sitting and in bed and walking regularly again. The six week mark seemed to bring a lot of positive changes.
I started work part time 2 weeks post op and was back in the gym at 3 weeks post op. By two months post op I was walking for an hour over uneven, hilly terrain again.
Now at 3 months post op my knee is still swollen and a tiny bit uncomfortable out on my walks, but fine all the rest of the time.
My other knee needs replacing too, but I'm not in a hurry to do it again! I feel fortunate to have had such a good result.

Great post lyndas! You seem to be getting great results! I hope your good fortune continues and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Stay well my BoneSmartie friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
IceWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back